Topic: C++.net Install  (Read 3105 times)

Rod O'neal

C++.net Install
« on: June 07, 2003, 08:24:33 pm »
I'm trying to install it and when I get to disc 2 of the msdn library I get the msg.
"Error 1305.Error reading file: F:\program files\msdn\2003jan\1033\dnmsj00.hxs. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it." Well, it exists. If they mean can I open it? Nope. I can't get past this to complete the install. Anyone know what I should do?  

Toasty0

Re: C++.net Install
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2003, 08:44:07 pm »
I assume your OS is either XPpro or Win2000?

Best,
Jerry  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2003, 11:54:47 pm »
Quote:

Best,
Jerry  

Sorry for not being more specific. It's XP home SP1. I tried loading the discs from my DVD drive instead of the CD and this time the installer stopped responding and I needed to use task manager to get out. I saw "SOMEWHERE" that there was a DL to fix that prob for win2000. I'm hoping that it'll fix it for XP also. If you know more I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks,
                                        Rod  

Toasty0

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2003, 07:55:37 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Best,
Jerry  

Sorry for not being more specific. It's XP home SP1. I tried loading the discs from my DVD drive instead of the CD and this time the installer stopped responding and I needed to use task manager to get out. I saw "SOMEWHERE" that there was a DL to fix that prob for win2000. I'm hoping that it'll fix it for XP also. If you know more I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks,
                                        Rod    

Rod,

I see in your future the expence of 199 dollars.

That is what it'll cost you to upgrade to XPpro(unless you get an academic discount). I know some of the literature on the floatsom say you can run VS.NET2002/2003 or VC++.NET on XPhome, but it is flatly incorrect.

Best,
Jerry  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2003, 12:42:16 am »
[quote
Rod,

I see in your future the expence of 199 dollars.

That is what it'll cost you to upgrade to XPpro(unless you get an academic discount). I know some of the literature on the floatsom say you can run VS.NET2002/2003 or VC++.NET on XPhome, but it is flatly incorrect.

Best,
Jerry    

Man, if I get anymore good news today I'll just sh*t Seriously though, it's not been a good day as far as SFC goes. At least I'm on vacation this week. So, it's not all bad. Thanks for the info.    

Toasty0

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2003, 06:45:20 am »
Yeah, sorry 'bout the news.

Once you do get all set though, let me know. I have a thought or two about using VC++.Net.Standard to compile the scripts.

I think the IDE has some odd behaviors not seen in VC6++.

Best,
Jerry  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2003, 11:32:51 am »
Thanks Jerry. You can count on it. I'm sure that I'll need help