Topic: A Newbie asks a Question...  (Read 3034 times)

USS_Phoenix

A Newbie asks a Question...
« on: June 11, 2003, 01:03:03 am »
I know, I know. Dang noobs and their stupid questions. Sorry, but i would like to know how to go about editing Ship hardpoints in SFC3. Do i just have to use that spec file or is there an easier way? How would i go about adding weapon points to a ship? Okay actually thats two questions, but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

damo1

Re: A Newbie asks a Question...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 07:42:01 am »
you need
dderidex's SFC3 Util so you can add the hardpoints  

decconi_addships so you know whitch way the arcs are

3dsmax 4.2 is opsinal if you want to make it so the new hardpoints fire from the right place on the model in the game

you need the  decconi_addships to edit the arcs  

zaniwhoop2

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 02:30:10 pm »
Quote:

you need
3dsmax 4.2 is opsinal if you want to make it so the new hardpoints fire from the right place on the model in the game

Optional, but not necessary. CV 0.7.5 (not the CV 0.8 Beta) can edit the hardpoints of the file. The link to the program is in my sig.  

USS_Phoenix

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 12:19:13 am »
Thanks guys!! I'll try out that CV thing. I dont have Direct x 9, does 0.7.5 work with 8.1 or does only the 0.8 work with 8.1?

zaniwhoop2

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 12:41:37 am »
Nope, 0.7.5 works only with DX9. Half of the reason that CV 0.8 exists is because some people cannot use DirectX 9 (mainly those with Voodoo cards). CV 0.8 is not finished yet (won't be for a while either at this rate) but it does and will work with DirectX 8.1 and higher.  

USS_Phoenix

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2003, 05:02:35 pm »
Okay thanks. Now I have a probelm, though. 0.8 wont work for me. when i try to improt a model, it says "Plugin Error" and wont import. I have the plugin DLed, and the texture files ar ein the same folder as the models, what could the problem be?
Also, where can i get those tools mentioned in the other post?

Thanks again.

zaniwhoop2

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2003, 05:43:30 pm »
On the same page that you downloaded 0.8, there's a link to older versions of CV. Version 0.7.5 should be what you need. 0.8, the current one, is in the beta stage. There are a few bugs, and not all the functionality works. Also, the plugin that you downloaded was mainly a test for the plugin system. I hope to add more functionality to it, but I don't have the time, so that is why the source code to the plugin is available so others can write other plugins to support many games. Unfortunately, CV 0.7.5 doesn't support loading the .x files used by SFC3, so what you have to do is edit the hardpoints of the .mod file with CV 0.7.5, and then use Taldren's tools to convert the model to SFC3...kinda long way to do it, I know.  

USS_Phoenix

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2003, 07:34:49 pm »
All right thanks again!