Topic: It has been awhile  (Read 4170 times)

SSCF Hooch

It has been awhile
« on: June 21, 2003, 07:45:08 pm »
I used to program many, many years ago but it was not my cup of tea then. I have become curious again and would like to butcher my mission pack   and take a cut at scripting for giggles.

Would one of you fine people here give me a brief run down on the basic stuff I need?

I have:
 XP Pro for an OS
GForce 4 128 meg AGP
2.1 Intel CPU
Intel MB PC 133
1.5 gig of SDRAM
Creavtive Labs Audigy Gamer SC

Thanks
 Hooch  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by SSCF Hooch »

Toasty0

Re: It has been awhile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 11:14:10 pm »
being crazy helps...

Then you need to find a copy of VC++6.0sp5. I suggest Ebay as it is no longer supported by Microsoft with their release of VS.Net.

Then go to  http://www.khoromag.org/   to get the latest scripting API for EAW or OP. Make sure to drop off ten bucks with paypal while you're there.

Then, of course, what will you do with all this software without the proper directions? Go to  http://www3.telus.net/NuclearWessels/sfc/api.html  for the answers you'll need.

Then see a doctor for a script of prozac. You'll need it.

Best,
Jerry  

NuclearWessels

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2003, 08:34:48 am »
If you have any difficulties setting up  the API you can also grab Firesoul's setups, see this thread for more details
http://208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB12&Number=103225&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1

And Toasty, I would have listed insanity as a 100% fundamental requirement

dave

FireSoul

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2003, 10:19:23 am »
Yes. Go take a look at  http://klingon.stasis.ca/sources_and_utils/ for the prepackaged utilities and build environments.

-- Luc

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2003, 10:39:24 am »
Another idea is to get some of the Taldren code for the stock missions to have a look at.

Also Hooch, if you need any help with anything, you know of course to ask me on MSN. I can send you anything that you need.

Toasty0

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2003, 04:26:57 pm »
Quote:

Another idea is to get some of the Taldren code for the stock missions to have a look at.

Also Hooch, if you need any help with anything, you know of course to ask me on MSN. I can send you anything that you need.  

A N Y T H I N G?

hehe.

<Toasty0 slips out the side door>

Best,
Jerry  

Toasty0

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2003, 04:41:59 pm »
Luc,
Sorry about not putting up a link to your fine site.

Hooch,
You can find complete OP scripts to look at  >here< .

Best,
Jerry  

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2003, 06:39:48 pm »
Thanks folks

Hooch

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2003, 07:29:33 am »
Gads,

I have my old "Borderland C++ Standard" from my OSU days. Is this enough to start or am I hosed?

Hooch

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2003, 08:20:21 am »
Quote:

Gads,

I have my old "Borderland C++ Standard" from my OSU days. Is this enough to start or am I hosed?

Hooch  

You're hosed...

The Scripting API will only work with Microsoft Visual C++ v6.0. Service Pack 5 is the current patch for it, the download for which is about 130MB or thereabouts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Tracey Greenough »

FireSoul

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2003, 09:16:19 am »
I've managed to corner a copy of VC 6.0 last year, and let me tell you I am guarding it with both my PCs.

I wish there was something I could do to help you, legally that is.

-- Luc

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2003, 10:58:03 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Gads,

Hooch  

You're hosed...

The Scripting API will only work with Microsoft Visual C++ v6.0. Service Pack 5 is the current patch for it, the download for which is about 130MB or thereabouts.  

Are you saying that I cannot load this up and patch it to the current standard?

Hooch

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2003, 12:34:11 pm »
The Taldren Scripting API contains files and libraries written to be used with Microsoft Visual C++ v6.0
To the best of my knowledge, they don't work with any other compiler, including Borland C++. Sorry, Hooch...  

SSCF-Patterson

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2003, 07:33:22 pm »
Quote:

I used to program many, many years ago but it was not my cup of tea then. I have become curious again and would like to butcher my mission pack   and take a cut at scripting for giggles.

Thanks
 Hooch  

Umm Hooch,

Judging by your posts about your past (playing in bands), the Wang Punch Card Computer was obsolete in 1980.