Taldrenites > General Starfleet Command Forum

Cloak: How Does Damaging Sensors Affect It?

(1/5) > >>

Tulmahk:
I was wondering if anyone has done any experiments, or knows off hand if damaging your opponent's sensors limits their ability to scan for you while you're cloaked?

Common sense tells me that it would.  And if you destroyed their sensors it would eliminate their ability to detect you at all, apart from probes.  But common sense is often wrong, so I was wondering if anyone knew within a reasonable degree of certainty.  Could potentially be a new tactic for cloakers (not to mention a great application for Polaron Torpedos).  

Aenigma:
Could be nice to run tests on. Use lvl3 cloaks to test (lvl5 is, as recent tests showed out, nearly undetectable by ac-scans). It might be difficult to find a victim though..... Maybe someone should test using multiplayer skirmish.

Aenigma  

EE:
I have been detected at a range of 40.5 or was it 43.5 when I had a level 5 cloak with all legendary crew.

then again, I was detected at a range of 103.something with a level 1 cloak and newbie crew

kevlar:
I was detected at ranges between 130 and  150,  with a lvl 5 cloak and legendary crew,  3 times by the same borg,  while at speed 15 .  

Firestorm:
Please see my recommended fixes that should be patched in ASAP.
Cloak Fix Recommendation  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version