Azel

Re: Bored Again
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2003, 03:30:31 pm »
Awesome!!!!
JUST FREAKIN AWESOME!!!
Hey Smiley here Is something for you:)
http://www.frost-works.com/watchtower/NewDefiant.zip  
Enjoy

Just one thing...after the Tempest...can we get to the Andor???
Please lol

Kaenyne

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2003, 03:36:18 pm »
Duh, duh, duh, DUDE!!!

I'm stunned, simply stunned....(faints)

Smiley

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2003, 05:17:07 pm »
Quote:

Awesome!!!!
JUST FREAKIN AWESOME!!!
Hey Smiley here Is something for you:)
http://www.frost-works.com/watchtower/NewDefiant.zip
Enjoy

Just one thing...after the Tempest...can we get to the Andor???
Please lol

Hey thanks Azel, it's very reassuring to know that you still like her after I modified the mesh so much!
Of course I'll move on to finishing the Andor as soon as I have completed the textures on the Tempest
Then it's either on to doing the Defiant refit that you have very kindly posted a link to - or even maybe I'll build your Sentry before texturing the Defiant- I have to say that I really really love that Sentry design! And it's been a while since a made a mesh, don't want to get out of practice!

Quote:

Duh, duh, duh, DUDE!!!

I'm stunned, simply stunned....(faints)

Thanks! I'm glad that you like it!

Just have to map the line of polies down the sides of the secondary hull, the bit underneath and then the bottom of the saucer and a few bits on the neck and then it will be done!

Azel

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2003, 05:22:47 pm »

Quote:

Hey thanks Azel, it's very reassuring to know that you still like her after I modified the mesh so much!
Of course I'll move on to finishing the Andor as soon as I have completed the textures on the Tempest
Then it's either on to doing the Defiant refit that you have very kindly posted a link to - or even maybe I'll build your Sentry before texturing the Defiant- I have to say that I really really love that Sentry design! And it's been a while since a made a mesh, don't want to get out of practice!

Ok I can Mesh the sentry...but you will have to Tweak it...as I am not that good yet ...but I'll get you the basic shape
Thanks man
And you Have done and are doing a Damn impressive job on that Tempest...Damned Fine!!!
Thanks

Glad you liked the Defiant...I tweaked the look alittle so more of my style for the 2000's that drawing was done
back in 96

Thanks again man!!!  

Azel

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2003, 05:36:36 pm »

Quote:

Ok I can Mesh the sentry...but you will have to Tweak it...as I am not that good yet ...but I'll get you the basic shape  

That is unless you would want to mesh it on your own  

Reverend

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2003, 11:09:04 pm »
true, the Tempest is progressing heartily...  

Smiley

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2003, 08:23:59 am »
I wouldn't mind having a go at meshing the Sentry myself, if you don't mind me doing that Azel?

Righty-ho - drawing nearer to completion now - I'm a little fed up with some of the areas on the ship that I have started to texture but don't really feel right about!

For example, the bit that I've done on the neck with the large triangles looks completely wrong now that I've done it! Any ideas/pointers? Help at this stage would certainly speed things along a bit! :hint hint:

EDIT: D'Oh - forgot to add the picture! lol  
« Last Edit: October 30, 2003, 08:25:55 am by Smiley »

Kaenyne

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2003, 08:59:30 am »
Hmmm, how about instead of the triangles, try adding more of those blue windows that appear slightly below and to the right of them. Maybe enlarge them just a little and spread them out a bit?

Azel

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2003, 09:12:03 am »

I think I like them!!!
The only other thing I could drop in there instead or include with the black triangles would be Vents like the Excelsior class
BTW is that a quantum launcher in that dark area???
if it is you may want to swap that with either an auxillary deflector or sensor pallete(or just combo them as you hseem to have plenty of room in there next to the lonely blue light)
Or just at some photon torps launcher to the sides of that blue Quantum launcher

BTW when you get to that rear Alcove under the ship...Can you add a Light Blue ambient light coming from inside there, Reminiscent of the Excelsior class in ST 6 closing sequence???

As for the Sentry By all means sir
I would have to be   to not let you

Hey did you get my email???  

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2003, 09:42:54 am »
Yo Smiley...I cannot say enough about your work so I won't....but good work my friend! A case of french wine to you when you get to paris next year!

Semper Fi, Carry On

Smiley

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2003, 10:48:29 am »
Thankyou all for your kind words and creative input
Wine? Is it red? lol don't let me near any wine until I have finished at least 5 more ships, or else I might get mobbed by angry Taldrenites, rofl! j/k

Azel, yup I received your email, replied a few minutes ago
I have made the previous torpedo turret thingy into a auxillary deflector of sorts, but I was wondering if you would mind if I added a dedicated quantum pulse turret to the bottom of the aux deflector- Similar in style to that of the venerable Sovereign class's?

Once again, thankyou all  

Azel

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2003, 11:08:59 am »

Quote:

Azel, yup I received your email, replied a few minutes ago
I have made the previous torpedo turret thingy into a auxillary deflector of sorts, but I was wondering if you would mind if I added a dedicated quantum pulse turret to the bottom of the aux deflector- Similar in style to that of the venerable Sovereign class's?

Once again, thankyou all    

By all means sir

And no it should be I thanking you  

Kaenyne

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2003, 11:10:52 am »
Yeah, a quantum pulse turret would do nicely, IMHO.

Captain Ron

« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2003, 12:50:30 pm »
Hello Smiley!
no I am not Don...
Don't take offense here as I will be brief (I hate to type)
Ok I was looking over your posted picks and it looks as if the bottom of the saucer is far less detailed. Even though it is smooth like the top it seems to follow a different pattern to the textures, the sovereign is a different beast and doesn't quite fit here as the mold to use. I would lighten or fade the red around the phaser ring that dark colour makes it look toyish. The triangles on the side I would eother make as one rectangle with horazontal details, maybe a recessed area there, or make the top black with the bottom the same as the aztec pattern of the saucer with windows (give them a recessed look at the top). the black can be staight at the top and extend from the first triangle all the way to the engine pylons. the bottom will have a curved line fron the pylon all the way to the bottom of that first triangle. You can use the piece on the pylon as the line up maker for the work the triangle as the other.

Add flush vents to the bottom ofthe engines on the saucer. I would use that same pattern you use on the top of the saucer on the center lower part, the aztec with the lines through it just on a smaller scale. Lastly rap the thrusters on the saucer to the underside as well, Yes I know they can be a pain to line up but it adds great detail with out getting into tiny detail work.

Azel

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2003, 02:07:54 pm »
thats cool  

Smiley

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2003, 06:50:57 pm »
No offense taken! Although I haven't even finished the bottom of the saucer, like so many things with me - I start something and move on to another thing; in this case I started that texture and went off to do another one because I wasn't happy with the way it was going and thought that if I could do something else then I might get some ideas/inspiration

Some of what you say I understand, but there are few bits that I can't visualise! Now I know now that you don't like to type but maybe you can draw me a picture? (Without me sounding too stupid!)

I'm working Friday 11:00-20:00 ao I don't know if I'll get much, if anything done - then it's off to a birthday party 40 odd miles away in Tewkesbury! Getting drunk on a boat...hmm sounds dangerous...lol, I'll be back...maybe!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Smiley »

Azel

« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2003, 09:01:55 pm »
I know what you mean man.

LOL  

Azel

« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2003, 04:08:50 pm »
BUMP!!!