Topic: Federation: Trials and Tribulations  (Read 987 times)

Maxillius

Federation: Trials and Tribulations
« on: March 06, 2004, 02:32:21 pm »
Ganymede (in extra in red shirt post):
Quote:

sfcop is great!!! and i wouldnt change too much in another trek game.
but i would love to see some things added
here are my suggestions:
-stay tmp era or all earas beginning with tos
-true 3d space
-ingame mission/campaign builder wich supports browsing the soundfolder (u could make ur own ingame voices via microphone for mission instructions and such)
-collisions
-weapons should be modable (adding some new ones at least on a limited base,strength , range,recycle , etc)
-real cloaking (one out of 2 things i like in sfc3)
-real class names (the other thing i like in sfc3)
-better damage effects (i never liked the way the ships exploded in sfc3 or bc - ka wasnt so detailed but it looked better!)
-mouse and keybord control like in sfc2 (the mous whel could be used for the z axis)
-a little more canon
-environments like in ka
-commandships should have a tactical overview screen wich alowys u to give orders to a whole fleet
-a bit of a cool storyline (maybe like a grafic novel between the missions (like in max payne but moddable) that would allow to make real cool storries for the game and give it more of a deeper feeling
-movie/series missions : wrath of khan, balance of terror,the undiscovered country,etc.

something that would be cool but i dont think it will ever be done:
a second cd with away missions (moddable like the other part of the game) which are connected to the simulation part of the game. u arive at a planet with your ship - u get a mission-u insert cd2 and u complete that mission as a character on the planets surface. that would be soo uber cool.

and beside the fact that it would be cool - it could bring a whole lot of money - just think about all the expansion pacs that would be possible ..WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !

a name for the game: just pure and simple STAR TREK - the game

just my 2cents:)

GREAT IDEAS!!  But the Starfleet Command name has been tarnished by SFC3.  Not my opinion to be sure, but the public regards that production as a failure, regardless of how good it will be after the patch or how moddable it is now.  No, any Star Trek game Taldren may produce in the future can't be SFC.  It can have many elements of both games, but it must be inherently different.  3-diminsional battles seems to be the focal point of nearly everyone's ideas on the next game.  I escpecially like Ganymede's scroll-wheel Z-axis control idea!

I also like Homeworld's continuous space idea.  It would add a whole new element to strategic planning.  Much more so than rigid hexes.  

I'll post more later, I'm late for work as it is!  

Maxillius

Federation: Trials and Tribulations
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 02:32:21 pm »
Ganymede (in extra in red shirt post):
Quote:

sfcop is great!!! and i wouldnt change too much in another trek game.
but i would love to see some things added
here are my suggestions:
-stay tmp era or all earas beginning with tos
-true 3d space
-ingame mission/campaign builder wich supports browsing the soundfolder (u could make ur own ingame voices via microphone for mission instructions and such)
-collisions
-weapons should be modable (adding some new ones at least on a limited base,strength , range,recycle , etc)
-real cloaking (one out of 2 things i like in sfc3)
-real class names (the other thing i like in sfc3)
-better damage effects (i never liked the way the ships exploded in sfc3 or bc - ka wasnt so detailed but it looked better!)
-mouse and keybord control like in sfc2 (the mous whel could be used for the z axis)
-a little more canon
-environments like in ka
-commandships should have a tactical overview screen wich alowys u to give orders to a whole fleet
-a bit of a cool storyline (maybe like a grafic novel between the missions (like in max payne but moddable) that would allow to make real cool storries for the game and give it more of a deeper feeling
-movie/series missions : wrath of khan, balance of terror,the undiscovered country,etc.

something that would be cool but i dont think it will ever be done:
a second cd with away missions (moddable like the other part of the game) which are connected to the simulation part of the game. u arive at a planet with your ship - u get a mission-u insert cd2 and u complete that mission as a character on the planets surface. that would be soo uber cool.

and beside the fact that it would be cool - it could bring a whole lot of money - just think about all the expansion pacs that would be possible ..WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !

a name for the game: just pure and simple STAR TREK - the game

just my 2cents:)

GREAT IDEAS!!  But the Starfleet Command name has been tarnished by SFC3.  Not my opinion to be sure, but the public regards that production as a failure, regardless of how good it will be after the patch or how moddable it is now.  No, any Star Trek game Taldren may produce in the future can't be SFC.  It can have many elements of both games, but it must be inherently different.  3-diminsional battles seems to be the focal point of nearly everyone's ideas on the next game.  I escpecially like Ganymede's scroll-wheel Z-axis control idea!

I also like Homeworld's continuous space idea.  It would add a whole new element to strategic planning.  Much more so than rigid hexes.  

I'll post more later, I'm late for work as it is!