Topic: Titan WIP  (Read 17999 times)

Fallen_Warrior

Re: Titan WIP ***FINAL MESH UPDATE***
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2004, 04:05:59 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

As for the N.C.C if you remember the excelceior was an NX but was later changed to N.C.Csame with the Defiant so its all up to personal prefrence but i like N.C.C better shows its gone though it trials and has given shown its worth.  

GREAT observation sir ...  good call !!  That would even fit the time line of construction as a result of the Dominion wars better...  and would place the time of her release at or about the time of the "Nemesis" incodent.   Excellent !!

Thanx it only clicked recently after i had reread the whole thread.
but i am a little conserned with the class name What with Wiked Zombies Titan at http://www.nightsoftware.com/omega/drs  (would this cause a problem with the naming of the class or could we say its a refit or something along those lines)
The only thing i can thing of is perhaps the Bottle of Picard '43 should be used at her commissionaning

olbuzzard

« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2004, 04:14:07 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As for the N.C.C if you remember the excelceior was an NX but was later changed to N.C.Csame with the Defiant so its all up to personal prefrence but i like N.C.C better shows its gone though it trials and has given shown its worth.  

GREAT observation sir ...  good call !!  That would even fit the time line of construction as a result of the Dominion wars better...  and would place the time of her release at or about the time of the "Nemesis" incodent.   Excellent !!

but i am a little conserned with the class name What with Wiked Zombies Titan at http://www.nightsoftware.com/omega/drs  (would this cause a problem with the naming of the class or could we say its a refit or something along those lines)
The only thing i can thing of is perhaps the Bottle of Picard '43 should be used at her commissionaning  

Point well taken ..  Azel was in on that development too.

Ok guys ...  how do we handle this??  We realize this is simply another version or interpritation of a ship that for the most part has not been "officially released" .....Everything is progressing nicely.  Azel  you and WZ  are our friends here ..  we really want to do this by the book...

IN PUT PLEASE

thanks guys !!

Azel

« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2004, 05:01:28 pm »

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

GREAT observation sir ... good call !! That would even fit the time line of construction as a result of the Dominion wars better... and would place the time of her release at or about the time of the "Nemesis" incodent. Excellent !!

but i am a little conserned with the class name What with Wiked Zombies Titan at http://www.nightsoftware.com/omega/drs (would this cause a problem with the naming of the class or could we say its a refit or something along those lines)

Point well taken .. Azel was in on that development too.

Ok guys ... how do we handle this?? We realize this is simply another version or interpritation of a ship that for the most part has not been "officially released" .....Everything is progressing nicely. Azel you and WZ are our friends here .. we really want to do this by the book...

IN PUT PLEASE

thanks guys !!

Yes it is the Titan-Class
Just another interpretation of her
Just refer her as the WZ-Azel Titan vs the Forum Titan or SOA Titan  

olbuzzard

« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2004, 06:04:29 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

GREAT observation sir ... good call !! That would even fit the time line of construction as a result of the Dominion wars better... and would place the time of her release at or about the time of the "Nemesis" incodent. Excellent !!

but i am a little conserned with the class name What with Wiked Zombies Titan at http://www.nightsoftware.com/omega/drs (would this cause a problem with the naming of the class or could we say its a refit or something along those lines)

Point well taken .. Azel was in on that development too.

Ok guys ... how do we handle this?? We realize this is simply another version or interpritation of a ship that for the most part has not been "officially released" .....Everything is progressing nicely. Azel you and WZ are our friends here .. we really want to do this by the book...

IN PUT PLEASE

thanks guys !!

Yes it is the Titan-Class
Just another interpretation of her
Just refer her as the WZ-Azel Titan vs the Forum Titan or SOA Titan  

Very well sir...  S.O.A. development team "Titan" it shall be.

Thanks Azel...

Azel

« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2004, 06:47:36 pm »
NP  

1017recon

« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2004, 01:41:22 am »
If i can find the right financing, i will take two,  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2004, 06:17:33 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I say titan class...so that the rest of the ships could have titan names
Like Atlas, Cronos, Prometheus, etc  

agreed.....   So let it be written...  so let be done !!

I'll third that.
So we have .......

Federation Titan Class Advanced Detterance Dreadnaught USS TITAN NCC-76452

In 2365 construction began on the Sovereign Class starship and soon after Starfleet realized it's need for a TRUE Dreadnaught to compliment the Sovereign so in 2368 Utopia Planitia begins construction of the Titan Class   . Over the course of the next several years,the Titan Class goes through several revisions due to flaws discovered in  the Galaxy Class design,and with lessons learned during Starfleets battle with the Borg in 2373,and the Dominion War.In 2375 after the Enterprise's Briar Patch incident Starfleet orders a new narcelle design to be fitted for the Titan.In 2376 the Nx Titan begins her preliminary shakedown trials.In 2377 the Titan recieves her final revisions after being refitted with technologies recently returned with the starship Voyager.And in 2378 the newly christened  USS TITAN NCC-76452 is launched with Captain William Riker in command.

Short,simple,and canon.

-MP

And for the curious........a complete list of all the Titans.......
 Titans

P.S.
 Wesley Crusher and Ensign Ro are to join Riker on the Titan.And Worf even though it wasn't stated is now first officer on the Ent E.Read about this and other facts here..........
 www.tvtome.com      

olbuzzard

« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2004, 07:41:15 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I say titan class...so that the rest of the ships could have titan names
Like Atlas, Cronos, Prometheus, etc  

agreed.....   So let it be written...  so let be done !!

I'll third that.
So we have .......

Federation Titan Class Advanced Detterance Dreadnaught USS TITAN NCC-76452

In 2365 construction began on the Sovereign Class starship and soon after Starfleet realized it's need for a TRUE Dreadnaught to compliment the Sovereign so in 2368 Utopia Planitia begins construction of the Titan Class   . Over the course of the next several years,the Titan Class goes through several revisions due to flaws discovered in  the Galaxy Class design,and with lessons learned during Starfleets battle with the Borg in 2373,and the Dominion War.In 2375 after the Enterprise's Briar Patch incident Starfleet orders a new narcelle design to be fitted for the Titan.In 2376 the Nx Titan begins her preliminary shakedown trials.In 2377 the Titan recieves her final revisions after being refitted with technologies recently returned with the starship Voyager.And in 2378 the newly christened  USS TITAN NCC-76452 is launched with Captain William Riker in command.

Short,simple,and canon.

-MP

And for the curious........a complete list of all the Titans.......
 Titans

P.S.
 Wesley Crusher and Ensign Ro are to join Riker on the Titan.And Worf even though it wasn't stated is now first officer on the Ent E.Read about this and other facts here..........
 www.tvtome.com      

Cool !!!   MP  ..  excellent job on research and historical data !! This follows the time line and the technological development  I had in mind.  Other wise you just have another Federation ship without a specfic purpose for development.  To me that takes away from the "Titan" image in a big way.   Additionally what you have here seems to co-inside with the rest of "Trek Lore" .. I here by submit that this be recognized as the official  log entry for the Titan from SOA development team.  

Those of you who have been reviewing this ...  please examine.

thanks again !!

Sandman3D

« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2004, 09:31:10 am »
OK, did a little more work on textures, not much, but I'm taking my time...

olbuzzard

« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2004, 10:45:07 am »
Sandman..  looking good sir.  Continue to take your time !!  Quality over rides speed any day in my book !!

good job sir !!

Ryker

« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2004, 11:49:22 am »
A suggestion, if I may?

The mesh looks fine, but I was staring at it, and I realised that an unbroken bow edge would look much more streamlined- have a look at this image to see what I mean. Apologies if the colours look a little off, MS paint will do that for you  

Not only does the front of the ship seem to flow better, but it means you can have an unbroken space in the front to fit the registry number, as well as having a "10-Forward" lounge area...  

Its only a minor modification, but it makes it look a lot smoother, what do you think?  

[EDIT- Also, if the forward termination points of the saucer's dorsal phaser banks are seperated a little, it makes even more space in the front, as well as looking smoother. Comments?]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Ryker »

olbuzzard

« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2004, 12:20:14 pm »
I appreciate the input...  however..  that is not necessarrily true ..  the phaser array could in fact as a result of this be "doubled" ...  with over lapping arcs on the forward most positions only.   Most arrays have a single beam that follows the target as the ship "sweeps" past its target.  One of the reason for the additional arrays was for two ... top front and two bottom .. front as well.  Not ony would this give the ship overlaping arcs .. but times two since there is a break in the array.  I at work on my lunch for now..  but if needed I can do a quick photo shop illustration of needed.

As for the registry ... hmmm   how about this .....  why not break with tradition...  one each ( smaller lettering that is appropriate )  at a 45deg  from the bridge ..  one starborad ...  one port ... (  This may or may not work  ) ...  but it might be worth looking into.  I 'll leave this up to Sandman3D ....  he' been pretty cool so far.  

Ryker

« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2004, 12:26:05 pm »
Quote:

I appreciate the input...  however..  that is not necessarrily true ..  the phaser array could in fact as a result of this be "doubled" ...  with over lapping arcs on the forward most positions only.   Most arrays have a single beam that follows the target as the ship "sweeps" past its target.  One of the reason for the additional arrays was for two ... top front and two bottom .. front as well.  Not ony would this give the ship overlaping arcs .. but times two since there is a break in the array.

There still is a break in the array in my illustration above- its just the distance between the termination points is a little further apart than before  

Quote:

As for the registry ... hmmm   how about this .....  why not break with tradition...  one each ( smaller lettering that is appropriate )  at a 45deg  from the bridge ..  one starborad ...  one port ... (  This may or may not work  ) ...  but it might be worth looking into.  I 'll leave this up to Sandman3D ....  he' been pretty cool so far.  

Small letter gives a larger sense of scale- smaller letter would be entirely appropriate, but every Federation starship I have ever seen has a single, forward facing indication of it's name and registry...

I'd like to see an illustration of your point, but in my minds eye, it doesnt look as flowing as a single number...!

EDIT: Ive just added to my previous illustration- please forgive the slapdash nature- again, bloody MS Paint will do that  

« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 12:33:08 pm by Ryker »

Azel

« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2004, 12:36:34 pm »
well you can always put the name on oneside of the trench and the registry on the other
like my Asimov

Rat_Boy

« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2004, 12:44:03 pm »
Quote:

well you can always put the name on oneside of the trench and the registry on the other
like my Asimov

Nightsoft also did that with the Firedrake, which was a nice effect.

olbuzzard

« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2004, 01:02:46 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

like my Asimov

Nightsoft also did that with the Firedrake, which was a nice effect.  

Very well  ..  Azel sir, I'm still at work ..  and I'm very interested in an illustration of this if ya could do that for me ..  I would REALLY like to see this.

Ryker..  lets see how their suggestions play out ...  would that be cool ??

Ryker

« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2004, 01:06:56 pm »
Indeed it would be cool, bud  

I still maintain that a more rounded prow to the ship would make it looks sleeker, as well as solve the registry location situation  

Bring on the pictures!    

Azel

« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2004, 01:18:42 pm »

Quote:

I still maintain that a more rounded prow to the ship would make it looks sleeker, as well as solve the registry location situation

Bring on the pictures!  

Indeed she would look sleeker and I agree with you suggestion...but
this ship is going to keep her individuality and those saucer trenches are the key
So what does this mean???
It means that I will use your suggestion and will work with you to design a Frigate, Light-cruiser, Battleship, or Destroyer in order to implement your ideas...that is if you would have me...Also this could be another joint community idea/design  

olbuzzard

« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2004, 01:32:53 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Bring on the pictures!  

Indeed she would look sleeker and I agree with you suggestion...but
this ship is going to keep her individuality and those saucer trenches are the key
So what does this mean???
It means that I will use your suggestion and will work with you to design a Frigate, Light-cruiser, Battleship, or Destroyer in order to implement your ideas...that is if you would have me...Also this could be another joint community idea/design  

So let be written...  so let be done !!

Thanks ...

BTW...Azel  ...  if ya have an illustration you could whip up for us on what you ment about the lettering for the registry ..  that would be super.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by olbuzzard »

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2004, 02:17:03 pm »
personaly i like the idea of the "trench" falling short that way giving the registration a more flowing line on the hul instead of breaking it up but since the titan is so big having the reg on each side of the sauser would be good i mean its been done on the Ingignia Class here:  http://www.lunarhorizon.com/startrekaustraliacom/startrek_gallery/federation/insignia/1024x768/insignia007.jpg (which happens to be a ship im after just dropping a sutble hint if anyone wants it)so i say go with trench as for everything else the textures look great and i cant wait to blow some romulans up with her