Topic: Hsta's Classic thread Is Back...  (Read 18722 times)

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• The Official Bard of XenoCorp
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
  • Captain, XC Hydran Squadron
    • The XC Bard's Corner
Re: Hsta's Classic thread Is Back...
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2004, 09:44:06 am »
Just saw the orc video!  You are too friggin' clever!

Thanks you sir!

Boromir still isn't dead, by the way.  He was left wrapped up and hanging upside down from a ceiling in Shelob's Lair.

Eventually, he would be found by a group of Orc children who would nickname him "Mr. Pinata."   ::)
Hilaritas sapientiae et bonae vitae proles.

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2004, 10:23:18 pm »
ugh!!!!
"The Andromedans," Kadh said, "will never stop coming.  Not until they are all destroyed or we are."

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2004, 01:40:46 am »
ugh!!!!

The reason I mention this is because I actually just had a Boromir fangirl club contact me wanting to know "what the (censored) problem was I had with such a multilayered brilliantly wonderful character like Boromir."

The truth is that my treatment of Boromir is just what I think is funny and in keeping with the spirit of Mony Python.  However, since they just HAD to bother me about it, ol' Boromir is REALLY in for it now. (insert diabolical laughter here)   ;D

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2004, 09:03:32 am »
In the novels, I didn't really like Boromir all that much.  I think the movie made him a much more interesting character.
"The Andromedans," Kadh said, "will never stop coming.  Not until they are all destroyed or we are."

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2004, 10:34:53 am »
My "slight" bias against Boromir and Denethor comes from the first time I read the books back in 1984.  The characters just struck a bad chord with me and, I suppose it's true, first impressions are lasting ones.

The movies did much to improve Boromir while I like Denethor even less than before!

As for Faramir, however, the movie's mistreatment of one of my favorite characters is the reason I have PJ roasting over an open flame at the end of MP:TTT.

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2004, 12:12:24 pm »
yeah, the theatrical release kills Faramir.  However, the extended version does a much better job on the character.  It provides the critical explanation for why he acts the way he does and why he releases the hobbits in the end.

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2004, 04:04:58 pm »
spiny norman...good one.

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2004, 04:39:25 pm »
spiny norman...good one.

Thanks, I try to throw in a surprise whenever I can.   ;)

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2004, 02:32:51 am »
I realize that I praise every new post in this storyline, but I am going to do it again.

That was bloody brilliant.  Absolutely the perfect skit to use for that scene.  You, sir, are a genius!

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2004, 09:42:18 pm »
I realize that I praise every new post in this storyline, but I am going to do it again.

And may God bless you for it, bro!  Honestly, your comments have really helped keep me going.  Now, if only I could say something to keep you writing...  ;)

That was bloody brilliant.  Absolutely the perfect skit to use for that scene.  You, sir, are a genius!

LOL, well, it did seem a good fit to me.  As far as genius goes, that is how I would describe your SFB tactics.  Now THAT is artistic mastery.

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2004, 11:50:07 pm »
 "Hilaritas Sapientiae et Bonae Vitae Proles."  I saw that quote a lot as a kid.  It's on the mantel in one of the rooms in the Raleigh Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg.  I even worked there for a while.

Kadh, who always enjoys a good narrative interlude.  I wonder if there's a way to get the bridge scene with the old man from Holy Grail into this story.   :)

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2004, 04:19:42 pm »
I saw that quote a lot as a kid.  It's on the mantel in one of the rooms in the Raleigh Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg.

Indeed it is and I have been there myself.  What did you think of working at the Tavern?

The quote was a personal favorite of Benjamin Franklin and it was my studies of Dr. Franklin's life and works that first drew my attention to it.

Kadh, who always enjoys a good narrative interlude.  I wonder if there's a way to get the bridge scene with the old man from Holy Grail into this story. 

The bridge scene was already used at the Falls of Rauros in FotR, so that's right out, I deny that completely.   ;)

Only 3 scenes and the Narrative Conclusion to go and my Magnum Opus shall be "complete," but not finished.

I'll be doing a major rewrite of the whole trilogy (the Extended Edition, eh?), a rework of ALL the images to avoid copyright issues, create an easy to print pdf version, and then (once all that is finished) I'll get started sketching out the enchanting prelude Monty Python: There and Back Again.

That is quite a bit of work, but (if I can stick to my current schedule) I should be starting on MP:TaBA by this Christmas.

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2004, 11:07:52 pm »
Raleigh: really, really good tips.

Bridge scene: so long ago I forgot.  Oh well.

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2004, 09:37:08 am »
Bridge scene: so long ago I forgot.  Oh well.

Heh.  Well, this particular project has been going on for 3 years now.

I would forget what I have written myself if I didn't browse back through everything every once in a while.  As my Brit friends are fond of saying, "it's a long bloody octopus to work through!"

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2004, 12:16:32 pm »
That is sooo good on soooo many levels.  Let's see: Doon!
 [We can say that Aragorn is merely an intelligent bicycle, see?  Or we could say that he has some of the qualities of a noble horse.  Doesn't he have a taste for sin?]
Of course, where would we be without a giant rabbit crushing the forces of gondor.
And the Eowyn excuse for leaving was, to misquote Tolkien "Precious to me, though I read it with great humor"

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
Cows with Guns!
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2004, 11:25:20 pm »

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
Re: Cows with Guns!
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2004, 01:11:55 pm »
http://www.3dweb.no/galleri/stuestolbm/bilder/anim1.swf

Ah, yes.  One of my all time favorites.  My kids know it by heart, much to my wife's annoyance.   ;D