Topic: Babylon 5 Mods, Ships and other on doings  (Read 15971 times)

Offline AncientAngel

• Lt. Junior Grade
Babylon 5 Mods, Ships and other on doings
« on: July 15, 2004, 08:00:36 am »
Okay I understand there is one Babylon 5 Mod currently out for the SFC game engine but I can not find any information about it. Kosh2000, I believe that is the one you put out to the public some time last year.

Currently the SFC community is really lacking in B5 support. This for the most part is the reasons behind this posting. I would be intrested in getting more work done on B5 stuff out there to the public if there was possibly more than two people working on this project at one given time.

Ideally if you are going to put this much effort into it, you might as well make a full complete mod for the community as well. What I would like to see is an SFC: EaW and SFC3 modification. With a little luck DamoclesX would be willing to let us use his models as long as proper credit is given etc...

So if anyone in intrested in taking on this task time to speak up and be heard. Let us known what you can do to help and no need to list play testing that is a given  ;D Even if I end up being the only one intrested in getting this going I will slowly work on this project until its complete. Which is something I should have did two years ago, we could have had a complete mod for two SFC game engines by now.

Areas of help needed:
Modeling
HP & DP Placement
_Brk modeling
Illumination Mapping
Texturing
Mod'ing SFC3
Mod'ing SFC2 based game engine
& other tasks

Offline AncientAngel

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Babylon 5 Mods, Ships and other on doings
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 08:03:26 am »
What I can do to help

Modeling
HP's & DP's
Texturing (limited)
Mod'ing SFC 2 game engines
Mod'ing SFC 3 (limited)

Can prodive unlimited web-space for a site to support this project.

Offline AncientAngel

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 08:50:10 pm »
Just a bit of a talk with Damo, sounds like we have his support for this project. Which is good, if you guys haven't seen his models you should take a look at his work.

http://project7studios.game-host.org

It is simply the best B5 modeling I have run into..so check it out.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 10:49:27 pm by AncientAngel »

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 10:47:35 pm »
Just a bit of a tak with Damo, sounds like we have his support for this project. Which is good, if you guys haven't seen his models you should take a look at his work.
http://project7studios.game-host.org
It is simply the best B5 modeling I have run into..so check it out.

Of course, you already know I'm in on this.. but mentioning this in here as well.  :)

What I have to offer:

Texturing ability, conversion ability between all forms of SFC, ability to convert between some major game engines of needed, sheer stubborn pigheadeness to get a project complete.  Still working on B5FC as time allows, and all those models will be available for this project.  We're going to get a B5 mod happening on SFC even if we're the last ones playing the game.  :)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline AncientAngel

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 11:26:08 pm »
Well I just sent you a PM it might be a little lengthly. But yes your right this needs to get done even if we are the only two people playing it. The support of Damo alone is a big help not to mention a future support forum on his site.

Well we need a name for this undertaking.
A game engine to start with and what races should be want for that game engine.

Offline Azrael

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 01:29:26 am »
Well, as for putting the ships into the game, don't ask me, however for models, you should check out Lancer's Reactor, a "Freelancer" website.

The WTS 2.0 MOD by Crabtree has some of the best looking B5 models I've seen in space.

If you talk to anyone running a MODed server that has "Reality Check" as a mission (Unity MOD has this, some of the others may too), they have a Minbari Cruiser, like the Blackstar.

Find out where they got this and use it as your "bartering chip" because this MOD has almost EVERY B5 ship except for that one.

Hope that's useful.

Azrael
"And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not"

Offline AncientAngel

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 02:26:12 am »
Thanks for the info.

As for ships, our orginial group has a ton of them here is a small list.

Minbari
Sharlin War Cruiser
Neroon War Cruiser
Graendial
Lenonn
Leshath
Nial
Lintra
Tigara
Tinashi
Whitestar
Advanced whitestar
Darkstar
Morshin
Shatara
Trigati
Troligan
Orcalevithan

take in mind this is only one race, we cover the canon ships, Agents of Gaming ship designs and non-canon designs. The nice thing about Damo's help is all of the ships will have a very uniform look since they were all done by one person and have uniform textures.

Most of the ships we have currently are over two years old. They still look good but when compaired to Damo's work..well ..his are hard to beat.

Offline AncientAngel

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 11:58:08 pm »
Slight up-date on what is going on.

Just for the hell of it I started mod'ing out SFC:EaW today with our older models. Right now I have spent a little time and got a few of the fighters and shuttles into the game.

Minbari
Nial
Lintira

Earth Force
Staryfury
Badger
Thunderbolt II
Black Omega
Crew Shuttle

Currently I am using Hydran race slots for the Minbari while the Earth Force are taking the Federation slots.

On the bad news, it seems the scatter shuttles are hard coded.  I think I can get around this if I replace and rename the shuttle  I want to match the game original.

Edited in: Also added in the Hyperion Cruiser for the Earth Force. It looks good and is blowing the crap out of the Hydrans currently. But the .mod is throwing atleast 3 or 4 textures on the upper forward half. Odds are its a texture size issue 128 by 128 should fix it.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2004, 01:55:14 am by AncientAngel »

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 06:40:06 am »
this looks like it could get interesting, just a point "Black Omegas" are a squadron of Psi Corp and not a ship class (They used Starfurries).

Offline AncientAngel

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2004, 07:41:30 am »
this looks like it could get interesting, just a point "Black Omegas" are a squadron of Psi Corp and not a ship class (They used Starfurries).

Yuppers, but I needed a name that would clue people in to what type of Starfury they were getting. :) I am going to be placing a few PSI Corp's ships into the game under the Earth Froce Section. There will also be a few Squadrons listed as well, like Zeta Squadron. Each starfury will have the correct color scheme for its squadron name.

I am just trying to customize this mod out so no one is exactly the same even if the ship specs might for the most part be the same thing.

As an example, our Earth Froce Omega Destroyers have several know ship names. What I would be looking at doing is using the ship prefix of "F-OM" for EA Omega Destroyer which would be followed by an "-CH" for the Churchill texture set or "-AG" for Agamemnon texture set. On top of it all I can have in place Sheridan's Starfury color scheme already in place for his Starfurys on-board.
So to sum it all up F-OM-AG would be for the Omega Destroyer Agamemnon.

Its just an attempt to personalize the game out a little bit more. This personalization with Fighters will not be available in SFC3..since you can only have one shuttle type.

Edited in:

Just placed the Omega Destroyer in the game with her 4 fighter wings. When the ADD Racks light up a target it just gives it that interceptor look from the show which is nice to see.

As a side note, this ship is really hard to see with the current space back ground textures. I will look around NASA.org for some new back ground textures in the near future so some of these darker ships stand out more.

2 Omegas & 1 Hyperion can about mop the floor out of 7 Hydran ships. It becomes an issue when the Hydran Carriers come into play, when they start launching4 Fighter wings of 6 Nial Minbari fighters... the ADD Racks just can't seem to keep up.  ;D

« Last Edit: July 17, 2004, 09:16:55 am by AncientAngel »

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2004, 11:07:26 am »
Seem to remember aswell that the colour of the Omega was a mid to dark grey. What about giving her more spotlights?

Offline AncientAngel

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2004, 04:35:03 pm »
The Black Omega shows up just fine in the game sofar. Just spent some time bring in new Space Map textures into the game. Odds are I will retexture map the space.mods to get the desired look.

The models I am currently working with now will all be replaced with newer ones.

Offline AncientAngel

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2004, 08:16:15 am »
Okay a slight up-date.

Got the Omega-X in game and also placed the Minbari Tinashi War Frigate into the game. Currently I am in the process of spec'ing in the Tinashi. Currently 3 Hyperions rip the crap out of two War Frigates.  Those Interceptors just eat up Minbari Fighters which mean I most likely have to tone them down a bit.

Offline AncientAngel

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2004, 08:09:49 am »
Up-Date:

Flushed out the Tinashi War Frigate today (finally ..forgot to enter in my Armor Value). The Hyperion Cruiser was de-milled a bit durring the testing. Nova Dreadnought is now in place in the Earth Force Ranks. For the most part play testing is finished on that one but all other big guns tend to stuck up some power. ;)

Over the next day or so I will be in the process of HP'ing and DP'ing some Minbari ships and developing a new Web-Site to replace the old one. And if that was not enough I have some 2D work that needs to be done for the Star Shatter Babylon 5 Mod.

Work..Worl...Work....Work....Work...Work...
Howdy Boys'!
Did you Miss me?
 ;D

Anyways I will keep you posted on what is going on..

Offline AncientAngel

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2004, 09:25:29 pm »
Well guys working on two projects at the same time just isn't happening right now. As of now I am putting any B5 mod for SFC on hold so I can put more effort into the StarShatter Babylon 5 Mod.

I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for the fact that Damo models like a mad man and it getting hard to keep up with him. In the mean time I will be doing this project on the side during down time and will keep you guys posted.

Offline Arcanum

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2004, 01:28:21 am »
If its of any use to you, I have alot of the orginal B5 models floating around . .  I wish more had break models . .  Why well I am kind of slowing phasing alot of Gorn Models out and replacing them with Narn Regime ships certainly for the X era in SFC OP

Offline Cyberkada

• Balut Eating Keeper of Shadows
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • And so it begins
    • Babylon 5 Starship Commander
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2004, 08:37:42 am »
I have some ships up at - converted to .3ds and .x format

Mainly Earth Alliance but I'm working on others

www.b5sc.com
I have 100 megs available (can increase) and can host all SFC2/ 3 Mods for related to B5

A web site for the upcoming freeware Babylon 5 game.

Looking for 2D Panel artists
3D modders
C-Script programmers
AI programmers
Sound Engineers
Special Effects
Voice Talent

---------------------------------------------------------
Babylon 5: Starship Commander
Project Lead
http://www.b5sc.com

Babylon 5: Severed Dreams
Lead Prograamer
http://fltc.firstones.com/

Offline JS

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2004, 11:52:02 pm »
Heres the link to the mod i was working on a while back for sfc3 with sevrus there is lot done with this mod all the ships where in place all sheild where takeing off of all ships .Also refits where disabled  and much more that i cant rember because its been a year take look let me know thanks.

http://www.nightsoft.net/triangle/Babylon%205%20beta%20%200.6.exe

Offline Cyberkada

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • And so it begins
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2004, 06:32:54 am »
A screenshot update:

Working on weapons control, texturing and damage.

Omega center section rotates, and Omega gun turrents track as well.

I am hosting DamoclesX's Starshatter B5 mod as well.

Project Lead

Lead Prograamer

Offline GarrethMacLeod

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Alternate B Website
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2004, 12:01:04 pm »
Is this still being worked on? Or maybe I should say "Is this being worked on again". I would love to see this for SFC3. I might even be able to provide a little bit of help.
Alternate B Chief Map Drone and General Whipping Boy
http://www.AlternateB.org

Offline Cyberkada

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • And so it begins
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2004, 05:09:22 am »
It is indeed.  Just started to implement a SFC-type tactical camera system.

Engines (L, C, R Aft, LS, RS, and Retro) and hull (Fwd, Aft, Port, Starboard, Primary)
L, M, H Pulse Cannons and Rail Gun textured and functioning.

Note: no shields and no in-game repair (magic screws) -  expect for some Minbari and First Ones, but hardpoints have permanent non-destructive armor.  B5Wars rules are different.
Working on cool particle effects for explosions.

www.b5sc.com for details.

Waiting on word from DamoclesX for permission to convert Starshatter B5 ships to SFC format...

Project Lead

Lead Prograamer

Offline JS

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2004, 06:45:01 pm »
If i had a server it would be up and running a b5 mod right now any one have a spare with remote acess

Offline 14G_Tiger

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2004, 09:23:54 am »
where can any of these mods be downloaded from??

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2004, 09:30:12 am »
Heres a point how are you going to incorporate the raking type beam weapons into the game, peircing mode was very rarely used and that tends to be the style of phaser fire in all SFC games. For those who havent a clue what iam talking about think ST2 and the weapons hit along the engineering section of Enterprise.

Offline JS

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2004, 11:30:49 pm »
As far download the one i started it would need to be updated to the newer patch because of a few changes in it and i dont see my self doing that any time soon i now have a full plate with something much bigger.But if i get some time i will update it and post a link .

Offline JS

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2008, 06:19:41 pm »
Hi dose any one have a copy of the mod me and kurok started ?