Topic: KF's retexture wishlist....  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
KF's retexture wishlist....
« on: July 16, 2004, 11:41:43 pm »
OK, I need HELP. 

The following ships are WAY beyond my ability to tweak the textures on. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE MODELS LISTED BELOW; I am merely trying to get more variety out into the SFC community :) Trust me I have tried for a fair amount of time so far on each of the following ships:

1. Thulls' Sparrowhawk (or Thulls' Klingon version of it) retextured with Ganymad's Firehawk textures. This has been a request going on close to a year anyway that lots of people besides me want to see come to fruition.

2. KoraH's SFC3 Cormorant with MY retexture of Atrahasis' Killerhawk (aka Klingon Academy Imperium or STOCK SFC 1/2/OP RBC) The Cormorant model is done Thulls style already[NOTE the Firehawk style engines], it just needs the Ganymad style textures I applied to Atrahasis' RBC to help create a more uniform Romulan fleet. I already retextured KoraH's version of the STOCK RDD (aka Klingon Academy Romulan Legion).

3. WZ45's Midway CV retextured along the lines of, but not an exact version of, Atticbat's retexture of the STOCK FCV Ark Royal. I love the new Ark Royal BTW, I just think it would look better darkened up a bit.

4. WZ45's Lexington saucer done up as if Ganymad did it; I have a fine Lexington retexture 90% ready to go but the saucer textures don't match the Ganymad style texture set that was applied to WZ45 Ulysses class.

Hopefully, some of our fine texture artists can rise to the challenge where I have failed.

BTW: I haven't heard from Ganymad or Duct Tape Wonder recently otherwise I would have asked them (again) to tackle some of these.

Thanks again to Atrahasis, Thulls, WZ45 and other model makers for being so gracious as to allow folks in the community to tweak their fine works of art.

KF

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
Re: KF's retexture wishlist....
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 07:23:21 am »
I dunno about Gany but hasn't DTW gone on permanent leave from SFC pretty much, that's what I understood from the last time I spoke to him. Ganymad's Ulysses, isn't the saucer texture just a P81 basic saucer texture modified to fit the individual ship. The changes for the Lexington are quite complex - the huge black greeblie area at the rear, moving the little hatches inwards, adding all the pinstriping around the phasers, redoing the phasers, plus on the bottom, more phasers to reposition and that large depressed ring about 2/3rds of the way out
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 11:36:32 am »
Yeah, don't ya just love the way I set things up on my ships? Now all we need is starforce chiming in about the number of textures I use and that should pretty much cover it
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 12:40:14 pm »
Yeah, don't ya just love the way I set things up on my ships? Now all we need is starforce chiming in about the number of textures I use and that should pretty much cover it

C' mon WZ45 you know we LOVE your stuff!

Besides, YOU yourself already made the comparison of the NUMBER of textures you use to that of the number Moonraker uses. That's not an issue for me at all; I found that to be a good thing as one can target specific areas better to ENHANCE what has already been done.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 01:24:33 pm »

As a matter of fact I do like the way you set up your textures, makes my job much easier to kitbash your ships into hideous new unnatural combinations mwuhahahahaha *cough* Ahem. ::)
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 08:00:44 pm »

If you want I can do it for him, on your behalf!
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 08:05:42 pm »
DTW is still around but still as far as I know not modding at this time.

The problem about trying trying to do a model in some on elses style is you can not match what they did. No matter how hard you try it will not be the same and it frustrates the texture artists to no end. I have no idea how many times I have abandoned doing Ganymad's styled textures on a few ships, just because I could not quite match up the look.

I am still out for a bit as the New PC has not shown upo yet, once I get it I will take a stab at what is on my HDD again and see if anything worth posting comes out of it.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 11:00:58 pm »

LOL. Don't worrty I still love your ships just hate having to convert them.  Someday someone will probably pester me enough to wade through the 110 textures on your FDN. That ship does rock.

As far as thulls sparrowhawk, I wouldn't mind seeing those other 2 classes of cruiser up there done as well. Green romulans rule, enough said ;D

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 02:28:36 pm »
I'd be happy if there was a fully mapped Cormorant. I noticed that the "wing" texture doesn't have a corresponding "I" texture, and that just pisses me off, seeing as I finally got KF's/Korah's/Unity's Goshawk to have nice Thu11s textures and glowing wing plates (but the tail wasn't i-mapped, errgh! :banghead:)

Also, is it possible for the standard RFA to be given a Thu11s style texture too, and a CV/Warbird (using the main hull only with new wings and Thu11s engines?) I don't like having to use the Goshawk as the ChickenHawk 'cause it's too dammned small for the job. ::)
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline Grim Reaper

• The 4th Horseman, the Lord of Death
  • Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2004, 07:25:17 am »
I'd like to see WZ's SuvwI'Qeh and K'T'Inga as well as a B'Rel and K'Vort as well as a Vor'Cha retexture in the same style as 9 of 9's Negh'var (which he in turn based upon the SCIFI Meshes one).

(And i'd like to see WZ model the Accuser redesign Azel/Atolm designed for me.)
Snickers@DND: If there is one straight answer in that bent little head of yours, you'd better start spillin' it pretty damn quick, or I'm gonna take a large, blunt object, roughly the size of Kallae AND his hat and shove it lengthwise up a crevice of your being so seldomly cleaned that even the denizens of the nine hells would not touch it with a 10-feet rusty pole

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2004, 11:59:17 am »
Ah, well I kinda already started on that one back in October:

I simply got pissed at the lower command section and didn't get back to working on it. As for any TNG-ified versions of my other Klinks, nothing is out of the realm of possibility....
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline Grim Reaper

• The 4th Horseman, the Lord of Death
  • Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2004, 03:00:55 pm »
Well knowing you you'll come up with a 4 nacelled beauty. As for doing more Klingon redesigns, HELL YEAH!

I thank you for your time and effort m8

Snickers@DND: If there is one straight answer in that bent little head of yours, you'd better start spillin' it pretty damn quick, or I'm gonna take a large, blunt object, roughly the size of Kallae AND his hat and shove it lengthwise up a crevice of your being so seldomly cleaned that even the denizens of the nine hells would not touch it with a 10-feet rusty pole