Taldrenites > Dynaverse 3 Experiences

SFC 3 Patch v534 Revision B (v534_b) updated

<< < (2/5) > >>

one:
Im having a hard time installing this version...the link supplied about is no good, other link from dynaverse downloads says ' access denied' most of the time, but when i manage to get the download and complete it, it sais 'contains invalid data'.
Any input? :(
ONE

The patch is going through some beta testing right now see healing the community.

one:
the 'access denied' message was due to my XP SP2 firewall (wich seems pretty smart, might i add- i may leave Zone Alarm for it). However I still have a no connection to Directplay test server...firewall off, lauched from install path, latest v534b, video card driver and winupdates....
i also disabled animated themes, however i had to do that from display properties, since in desktop properties i cannot find a 'compatability' tab....
*sigh- ONE :(

I pretty sure he mentioned that in the post.

Pestalence_XC:

--- Quote from: one on August 27, 2004, 01:21:47 pm ---the 'access denied' message was due to my XP SP2 firewall (wich seems pretty smart, might i add- i may leave Zone Alarm for it). However I still have a no connection to Directplay test server...firewall off, lauched from install path, latest v534b, video card driver and winupdates....
i also disabled animated themes, however i had to do that from display properties, since in desktop properties i cannot find a 'compatability' tab....
*sigh- ONE :(

--- End quote ---

for a connection to the dynaverse.. you will need to open the ports on your firewall according to the

C:\Program Files\Activision\Sfc3\Docs\Help\network_readme.rtf

file (default location).

also you may want to go into your

C:\Program Files\Activision\Sfc3\sfc.ini

file (default location) and find the [Meta] tag and add

IPAddress=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your external IP address (the one that the internet sees)...

Make sure XP firewall is turned off... make sure that you do not have Windows or MSN messenger starting up with your system or any other unnecessary software (as found in MSCONFIG in the start up tab, read first posting on this)...

as for

Disable Visual Themes

right click on your desktop SFC 3 icon and select properties, click compatibility tab, then check the box next to "Disable Visual Themes" and click OK (XP only).

that's about it.. also as a precaution for Gamespy Arcade and Gamespy Arcade account validation for Dynaverse, go to Gamespy Arcade and look under their firewall configurations for ports (routers and firewalls.. same thing) in their help section... Make sure your firewall has these ports enabled as well.

Hope that this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version