Topic: Fist Skirmish completed  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Gold Hat

• Lt. Junior Grade
Fist Skirmish completed
« on: September 11, 2004, 04:45:10 pm »
I just completed the skirmish (for SFC_OP) described in Dave's Nuclear Wessels section 12.  Now I have many hours of practicing and learning new techniques ahead of me.  My thanks to Centauri Vaughn for your help and to Dave for making the doc I used.  Soon I'll tackle SFC3 scripting also!

Now I wonder if there is a better (or more complete) treatis on scripting anywhere?  I am especially interested in using the Script Object wizard as it seems not very clear to me.

Again thanks, and to those who have ideas about scripts-- I say learn to script, I can't wait to get good enough to put my ideas into code and I am sure you'll get the same thrill!

Gold Hat

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
Re: Fist Skirmish completed
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 01:59:47 pm »
 ;D This is an improtant milestone! Keep it up man, I'm still in the process of acquiring the necessary tools. Who knows maybe I'll be bugging you for advice.

Qapla!

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Gold Hat

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 02:01:38 pm »
Thanks, I feel great about it.  The only tools you need are visual C++, then downlaod the svc pak 5 (which I think was a 130 meg download).  Already I have learned about messaging, timers, and am about to try ship creation during the game so I can make more intersting scenarios.  It'll take me weeks, I think, to get very good, but I am loving it

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 08:46:49 pm »
I can't wait to get visual C++.  But do I have to download that ''svc pak 5''?  I'm on dial-up, so that's a wee bit too big.
I just completed the skirmish (for SFC_OP) described in Dave's Nuclear Wessels section 12.
Could you give a link to that?  Thanks.

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 11:29:59 pm »
Ok, I bought the Visual c++, now about this svc pak 5.......?