Topic: Support for Orion Pirates  (Read 12705 times)

Offline CJBeiting

• Ensign
Support for Orion Pirates
« on: December 01, 2004, 08:52:08 pm »
I'm new to these boards, so please re-direct me if the question I'm asking has been answered eleswhere.

I have a copy of Starfleet Command Orion Pirates that I can't seem to load at all.  I applied the patch to take it up to version 2.5.0.1, but whenever it gets to the registration screen, it won't take my registration code.  I can't even type anything on that screen. 

Is there any place out there that's doing support for SFCOP?  Where should I go?  What should I do?

Thanks (in advance)

CJBeiting@aol.com

Offline FPF-SCM_TraceyG_XC

• Empress of the Empire
  • Commander
Re: Support for Orion Pirates
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 09:46:51 pm »
Try running the installer in Windows 98 compatability mode, it sounds like you have WinXP, sometimes the keyboard does not work when trying to enter your registration code.

The latest patch, by the way, is 2.5.5.2. You can find links to patches and other downloads in the D2 Experiences forum.
Captain FPF-TraceyG, Federation Protection Fleet

SFC2.net Admin member
SFC3.net Admin member
Voting member of the DGA
Member of XenoCorp, Squadron Commodore

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 09:51:32 pm »
Check in the Dynaverse 2 forum.. several copies of Orion Pirates was sold with the Empires at War CD key.. an Interplay Mistake...

Orion Pirates CD Key is 20 characters..

Empires at War was 16 characters....

so if you have a 16 character CD key.. then check the Dynaverse 2 forums to see if someone has a spare CD key..

now if your problem is not being able to enter characters into the screen.. press the window key to go to desktop.. then click the orion Pirates button in the task bar to go back into game.. you should be able to enter the CD Key properly..

finally.. the 2501 patch is way outdated.. the current Orion Pirates patch is v2552 located on these boards which is now the official support site...

If you want to get all the latest installs for Orion Pirates which are the most commonly used in GameSpy Arcade, Single Player, and Dynaverse servers.. then look at the posting in the Dynaverse 2 forums for the Orion Pirates Enhancement Package v2.1 (OP Enhancement Package v2.1)

the package includes the Orion Pirates Patch v2552, the bonus content and much more all in a 165 MB Dl.... it will get you up to current status with everyone else playing Orion Pirates...

Just remember, there is no update patch for v2501 to 2552.. so you will need to uninstall Orion Pirates.. delete the game directory off your system, reinstall.. then use the Orion Pirates Enhancement Package v2.1

I hope that this information helps you out...

"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 09:56:10 pm »
You have come to the right place as this is the 1 place that supports that game.The patch you are inquiring about is out of date and you need the 2552 patch look in the downloads section of www.dynaverse.net to get it .You will need to use your SFC2 OP .exe to launch the game it is the desk top start cut.This will prevent the pop pop sounds from occurring.Then you can enter your cd key and hopefully it is the right one.They get mixed up with Empires at War sometimes.I believe it is a 6 digit key and EAW is 7.I hope this helps you out and we don't e-mail back  for support.You might want check out the Dynaverse 2 forum and ask what it is like to play online in D2 .

Good Luck and any further questions please don't  hessitate to ask anyone.

There are a lot of mods for this game as well.Check out the Enhancement Pack thread in the D2 forum .

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 09:58:34 pm »
You will need to use your SFC2 OP .exe to launch the game it is the desk top start cut.

This information is incorrect..   you need to launch the game from the StarfleetOP.exe game file.. the SFCOP.exe is bugged.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 10:01:55 pm »
  Good thing you are around agian. ;) He is right he tought me everything I know about the game.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 03:29:32 am by Age »

Offline CJBeiting

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 12:18:37 pm »
Thanks for the information, all.  I'll give it a try and see if it works.

Aaaah, I _knew_ I had come to the right place....

CJ Beiting

Offline Red_Green

• Lt.
  • Whatever
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 11:38:36 am »
This may sound silly, but for a day or so I didn't think I had a valid code until I typed in the dashes between the 4 number groupings. I thought this was archaic as any other code I used with games automatiically grouped the numbers.

The most creative person hides his sources the best!

"The universe hates you. Deal with it!"

Spoken by Harper in a 1st season episode of Andromeda.

"Pesimism is not a survival trait"

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
    • http://klingon.lostexiles.net/
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 12:20:03 pm »
This may sound silly, but for a day or so I didn't think I had a valid code until I typed in the dashes between the 4 number groupings. I thought this was archaic as any other code I used with games automatiically grouped the numbers.

*snicker* never assume.. ;)

Author: OP+ Mod
Maintainer: Coopace
Author: Fests+ for OP
Creator: SFC-OP Mini Updater
Maintainer: SFC-EAW for OP Campaigns
Kitbash: SFC2 models

Offline RazalYllib

• Imperial Romulan Information Service-senior advisor
  • Lt.
    • IRIS
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 06:27:03 pm »
Direct from Imperial Romulan Information Service the following FYI as a public service:

Key entry will take a SPACE between groups of characters as well...

Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand
Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill

Offline Pkstomper

• Ensign
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 07:09:29 pm »
I am having the same problem on my XP os after installation completes I loaded the patch and launched the game the first thing that came up in the game is the cd key when I try to type it in it doesn't type the cursor just sits their

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 02:42:22 am »
Read above?

::)
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.