Topic: Do NOT waste your time or money on "Darkness"  (Read 934 times)

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
Do NOT waste your time or money on "Darkness"
« on: December 30, 2004, 09:58:10 pm »
It had to be one of the WORST suspense/horror flicks ever made. Everyone in the theater was miffed at being ripped off by the Spanish filmakers. Cinemark would do well by offering refunds or another free movie of their choice and ditching the film. Shame on the company that distributed that crap here in the U.S.

On the flip side, I give a big thumbs up to "Flight of the Phoenix."

Going to see "National Treasure" this weekend and catch some more of the great after Christmas sales. I'm getting high dollar dress pants or shirts for 50% off, it's frigging great! I'm glad I do not shop for Christmas anymore!  ;)

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
Re: Do NOT waste your time or money on "Darkness"
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 08:19:49 am »
I saw National Treasure it was a good film.

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Lord High Master of Justice
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 08:23:48 am »
My next flick is going to be white noise.  Looks good!

NPR is a lot like NASCAR.  Two hundred miles an hour in a circle, and you end up right back where you started with nothing but lost time for the effort.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 11:48:04 am »
I haven't enjoyed a Horror film in quit some time actually, However both Flight of the Phoenix (even though a remake ) and National Treasure, look very very good.

My fav. film this year though has been the Incredibles.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 08:29:18 am »
Went to see "National Treasure" last night. Pretty good cast and a really decent flick. For those of you who expect the smash, bang, boom, normal BruckenHeimer flick? Forget it. This film  has suspense and action but also delves into the society of the Freemasons and is more realistic than some of the other flicks. I also learned some new things about the U. S. Constitution and our forefathers.