Topic: Generic info on _PERMISSIONS_  (Read 9298 times)

TheStressPuppy

Re: Generic info on _PERMISSIONS_
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2003, 08:59:17 pm »
Im not giving up my web space. I only have 50 megs to work with, and thats being used for Homeworld mods so any new models for SFC i make will need another host  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2003, 04:32:41 am »
Quote:

Im not giving up my web space. I only have 50 megs to work with, and thats being used for Homeworld mods so any new models for SFC i make will need another host  

Could I suggest using the Starfleet universe model repository for any new SFC models that you create Thanks for the ones that you have created They are greatly appreciated.  

MajorRacal

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2003, 11:31:38 pm »
Anyone wants to do  anything  with anything of mine, they're more than welcome - I'd just like to see it when it's done.
MajorRacal  

Queball

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2004, 04:18:49 pm »
I did initially state that my BC models (Victory, Miradorn, Nihydron etc....) can be converted to SFC. However I have since given DarkMatrix exclusive rights to do so as I can garantee he's good at keeping the model's integrity.
However, if anyone else wants to modify my models/scripts for SFC or any other title I'll probably give you the go-ahead as long as you contact me first and provide me with links to the completed files.

Thx.

Wolfsglen

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2004, 12:46:01 pm »
Havent done much yet, but yer welcome to use anything i've put out, just as long as the Original Authors of the parts/ships i used are kept in the credits  

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2004, 04:32:44 pm »
BUMP

MODS please sticky this...
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline wrathofachilles

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2004, 07:47:25 pm »
well take my ships and do what you like with them ;) I'd love to see someone else getting fun out of them, plus refits/upgrades are always interesting :)

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2004, 01:56:15 pm »
ok as those stupid guys of the SFC3 unity team banned me because i have sayed they should remove my D-16 from the mod i say you guys have permission to use my models in any SFC 1/2 mod but conversion and use in SFC3 will have no permission from me and i don't like stupid kitbashes so this i not allowed with my models and KF don't worry i have nothing against retextures of my models

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Katherine

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2004, 04:23:05 pm »
I got Nicola to check the ban records on the ST and SFC Modding boards.  Your name isnt on the ban list.  5 banned people, 1 of them was a carry over from the now closed STGD Central boards.  The other 4 have been banned for a while, your user name of Terradyhne is up as an active user with full permissions on posting and editing.  Your IP does not match any of the 3 IP bans we have on the board either and you show up as a Crewman on the board profile.  If you were banned it would be "Currentlly Banned" instead.

http://www.stcd.sgnonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4135&highlight=

See for yourself, you should be able to post in the forum with no problems at all.  If you do get that banned message send an email to me at katie@trek-gamers.com PHPBBFM has been known to act up on occaisions with the Advanced Ban Control mod, probably why theres few people who mess with the ban control options in Fully Modded.  I'd get Vic to look into this one, he knows FM like the back of his hand, but he's in hospital.

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2004, 01:37:47 am »
NOPE NOT NOW OR EVER IF U GET ONE OF MINE FEEL LUCKY.

nope just kidding i dont care at all if my ships get used as long as they get used and ofcourse proper credit is given. as i have staed in other game forums feel free to use and the only thing i ask in return is the use of anymodels made by that person for there game in return and the readmes is always included. oh and i do know how it feels to have a ship copied and really it is an honor some one would do that. to me it feels they had liked a design i did. still wanting on F_W to finish some of my textures on my new ships. so feel free to use my models in ANY GAME. i repeat ANY GAME.

Offline Cozbo

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2004, 04:04:26 am »
The issue is not that we didn't ask your permission. It is that we did not know it was yours. we cannot ask if we do not know. With  hundreds of models we did not go back and ask permission from each modeller that Korah had already gotten thier work from. Unity 1.0 was the renamed version of TNZ 3.0

The single model in question was in Korah's TNZ which he gave us permission to use. The model folders were ported over unchanged from one computer to another.

If you had not come into our forum and taken such a bad attitude from your first post and used foul language I would have been more than willing to remove it or overwrite it with another version.

Personally Terradyne you need to get out more and work on your interpersonal skills some.
This "I am gonna take my toys and go home" stuff is for kindergarteners. Spare us your temper tantrum

"Please" goes along way with me.  four letter words don't evoke much cooperation either.

P.S. No one banned you, however if you continue to come in the forum and curse us out I will ban you.
To everyone else: Sorry this useful thread got hijacked.

Offline Khalee

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2004, 02:44:13 pm »
Well here is my Answer to all this I made my ships to be played with so do whatever, but yes I would like credit as well, if you kitbash them or whatnot. Here is the web site they are on.
http://sfcmodsrus.0catch.com/khalee.html

As you can see not many there and they are not too good,but there they are if you wantem.  Oh and thanks to ratpak for hosting them.  Maybe Ill get the Gorn BB done one of these days.

Offline I, Mudd

• Oz
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Pimpin' ain't easy in the 23rd century ...
    • Planet Mudd
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2004, 07:11:41 pm »
I don't have the authority to give you permission to do anything with the models I've made.

You could seek my approval, though ...

... but I wouldn't be surprised if you did whatever it was you were gonna do without it ... ;)

I'd like a screenshot of whatever you do, just because it'd be cool.

Play the game. Tweak the game. Have fun.

I, Mudd.

Offline Sapharite

• El-Aurian
  • Lt.
  • Refit Yard Commander
    • Refit Yard
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2004, 03:37:20 am »
I thought there was a lack of this post on this boards but now I'm seeing it  :o  :) Yeah Mackie did a great job by creating it :) Thakns Nanner for reviving it back :D
Sapharite
=/\= Jimkirk =/\= (On Taldren Boards)
=/\= Kirk =/\= (Polish Division of the Starfleet)

Offline IncursionX22

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2004, 04:11:23 am »
I've only been here a short amount of time, but with more original stuff coming out I thought I'd better post here so there is no confusion.

In all my stuff there is a read-me that correctly credits the creator of the model/texture. Anything with my name on it needs to be run by me before you release a modified version. Thanks :)
-IncursionX22

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2004, 05:50:05 pm »
Anyone can use my stuff.
If I ever make any. Sorry I just want to be included. :-[
Thanks to all of the above because I play around with making ships etc and by giving your permission here it makes it easier to learn. Thanks guys.
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

Offline Reverend

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2004, 12:08:44 am »
BIG BUMP....

I would like to make a free to public mod for Starshatter, featuring ships by several artists. There is unspeakable amounts of work involved, but it is a freespace sort of enviornment.,.. meaning you can pretty much fly around all day, kind like playing SFC in a perpetual mission... although very basic... dont have any tractor beams, yet, cloaking device... but I got moddable beams, torpedos, and missiles... and I got got warp drives also
Anyhow, in no particular order, I believe I posess models from these artists, and ask for permission to convert them to SS format (.mag, textures in .pcx), and play with them most likely all by myself...
Atolm/Azel
Sandman
Pneumatic81
Stresspuppy
Brezgonne
WickedZombie
RedDragon
Atra
Mackie
Thu11s
I.Mudd
Darkdrone
Dawn
Raven Night
Terradyne
Skinman
MajorRacal
DestyNova
KaneAvenue

Quite a list, I probrobly wont be putting this mod up for download until at least by late December... or never.
I have also created several mods for SFC:Op and especially SFC3, and thought about releasing some of these ideas I had... never got the courage to ask for permission until now, but thought, 'what the hey'.
Thank you each and every one of you listed, at the forums, or anyone else who spends their precious free time creating models for us to enjoy, you are appreciated.

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2004, 01:42:10 am »
I may as well add my voice to this seeing as some of my own have been converted to SFC already.

If the model to be kitbashed or ripped apart is one I've personally built then feel free to "experiment" all you want. Just check for texture credits and use them, if anythings going to be re-released. If the models are just ones I've converted that someone else made, then please check for the original crediting I used.

Thanks one and all.

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2005, 10:55:33 pm »
OK, My rules:

1)SFC conversions of my models are done by the Outalance team, and NOONE else.
2)I'm perfectrly OK with conversions to games other than BC/SFC, and retextures of my stuff, but it's nice to show me what's done before release, and after that a link to the download of the file...
3)I will never allow kitbashing of my stuff, I'm against that.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2005, 09:51:15 pm »
Anything I put crayons too is somebody elses model,'cept the bashes (obviously) but they too come from someone elses model. Feel free to use any of my textures (though they are no where near great yet) Unless they appear on someone's ship that has particulars when it comes to their stuff.
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.