Topic: What Voice Recognition software would you recomind?  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
What Voice Recognition software would you recomind?
« on: February 28, 2005, 04:36:37 pm »
due to a Personal situation, I'm looking for a good Voice Recog software. I thought I had a copy of Dragon Naturaly But I can't find It. What is the state of these Programs now?

It would be mostly for letters, a few post's etc.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: What Voice Recognition software would you recomind?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 05:58:35 pm »
Microphone quality, microphone quality, microphone quality!... there, now that that's out  ;D

Seems Naturally Speaking is still available here?:
http://www.voicerecognition.com/

Office 2003 includes voice recgonition software, and I believe you can change what reconition engine it uses too:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 06:13:05 pm »
Microphone quality, microphone quality, microphone quality!... there, now that that's out  ;D

Seems Naturally Speaking is still available here?:
http://www.voicerecognition.com/

Office 2003 includes voice recgonition software, and I believe you can change what reconition engine it uses too:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

Thanks Bonk. Man I don't remember Naturaly Speaking being so Expensive. I remember I got an older copy from AoHell along time ago, But  Ididn't think I paid that much for It. I guess I better find my old copy or Sell a few Cows.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Lord High Master of Justice
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 12:39:16 pm »
due to a Personal situation, I'm looking for a good Voice Recog software. I thought I had a copy of Dragon Naturaly But I can't find It. What is the state of these Programs now?

It would be mostly for letters, a few post's etc.

Stephen

I told you that doing that all the time would make you go blind and wind up needing voice recognition software.

NPR is a lot like NASCAR.  Two hundred miles an hour in a circle, and you end up right back where you started with nothing but lost time for the effort.

Offline _Rondo_GE The OutLaw

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 02:22:48 pm »
I experimented with that stuff 4 years ago...I really cannot recommend the lead product now because i dont know where the state of the art is at this moment.

I didn't like it then. 

Naturally speaking, in the past, had a somewhat tedious reading drill it used to get used to your voice.  So of all the other products it did better but dictating to it felt cumbersome.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 03:54:47 pm »
Actually, the best one that I have used personally is L&H Voice Express Professional.. it is by the same makers of Dragon, but a much more improved and integrated engine.. you can even surf the web by voice command.. you could (if you have the money to wire your house) make your whole house voice activated under Voice Express.. Last time I got it , it was 3 years ago for $120.. and I got it at Comp USA..
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 04:09:46 pm »
Actually, the best one that I have used personally is L&H Voice Express Professional.. it is by the same makers of Dragon, but a much more improved and integrated engine.. you can even surf the web by voice command.. you could (if you have the money to wire your house) make your whole house voice activated under Voice Express.. Last time I got it , it was 3 years ago for $120.. and I got it at Comp USA..

Thanks Pesty, and Guys. I'll look It up , as that's much more Manageable for my Budget.

stephen