SFC OP > Orion Pirates Patrol Battles Arena

Recommendations for Spring/Summer '05 Season

(1/2) > >>

GDA-Kel:
As far as timing goes, I would like to complete this season, plus playoffs by the 1st week in April.  That would allow the next big D2 campaign, GW5 Day of the Eagle, to run for its scheduled 2-3 weeks.  My recommendation would be to begin the next season, if there is one, a week or so after GW5 ends. 

I created the schedule randomly, but it has been suggested that each match have different era for each game  if at all possible. 

Also, it has been suggested that the average TBPV be lowered somewhat to create more CA, CL, and DD matches.  The TBPV ranges should not be changed, simply give more weight to lower TBPV when creating the schedule.  I have no idea if this is race neutral or not. 

There has been a suggestion to add asteroid field as a terrain type.  In my opinion, the more variety the better.

Someone suggested have all battles timed.  I think this is worth considering.  Perhaps 30-45 minutes is a decent time.  If there are ships left at the end of the time limit, then the winner is determined by total # of internals scored, or something similar. 

Please post all additional suggestions here.  I will browse prevoious threads and try  to consolidate all  previous suggestions here.   

762_XC:

--- Quote from: GDA-Kel on March 08, 2005, 09:31:13 am ---Someone suggested have all battles timed.  I think this is worth considering.  Perhaps 30-45 minutes is a decent time.  If there are ships left at the end of the time limit, then the winner is determined by total # of internals scored, or something similar. 

--- End quote ---

I think this is a horrible idea.

deadmansix:

I also think that having matches timed is a bad idea, matches have enough tension in them already and putting a time limit on a match just adds to the mix, we are here to have fun and test our skill not see haw fast we can blow some one up, if some matches take loner than others so be it.

Dfly:
I concur to the idea of not timing matches.  It would be detrimental to some races.

Slider:
How about one season with just the Alpha Quadrant ships. Early Mid and Late Era only for a change. PBR Rules Tvb.

Jakle can hatch some canned battles in case we need some quick start games for stragglers.

Would people be apposed to flying different races in Seaon 6 (if there is one) You match up the races against their natural rivals and have each team play each race 2x. Would make for a good change of pace.

Yes/No/Horrid idea I'll never fly Lyran.

Slide

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version