Topic: EAW CD Key problem. What do I do now??  (Read 102435 times)

BDCrouse

Re: EAW CD Key problem. What do I do now??
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2005, 10:57:39 pm »
Oh well, hopefully other retailers will not respond the same way.

Please PM me on how you obtained your "key".

I understand ya wanting to get the game out to more people and your willingness to help them get it working is to be commended. But as a software salesman the company I work for has an obligation to ensure that any item we sell to our customers is usable to them as soon as they have paid for the item and leave our stores. People can't be expected to have to search for the answer to thier problem after reading several messageboards and then wait for someone else to give them what they need to get it to work. Anyone who works in sales and respects and cares about thier customers would not knowingly sell them something they know does not work correctly out of the box.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2005, 11:06:40 pm »
Oh well, hopefully other retailers will not respond the same way.

Please PM me on how you obtained your "key".

I understand ya wanting to get the game out to more people and your willingness to help them get it working is to be commended. But as a software salesman the company I work for has an obligation to ensure that any item we sell to our customers is usable to them as soon as they have paid for the item and leave our stores. People can't be expected to have to search for the answer to thier problem after reading several messageboards and then wait for someone else to give them what they need to get it to work. Anyone who works in sales and respects and cares about thier customers would not knowingly sell them something they know does not work correctly out of the box.

That's your employers perogative, but the product DOES work out of the box, the publisher made a packaging error in a reprint. The software product is fine, only the packaging is in error for a batch of reprints.

If its not too much trouble, perhaps your marketing manager could get in contact with me and I can provide him with a solution that will correct the packaging error before it leaves the store, just a little record-keepig involved.

I just do not want it publicy stated (erroneously) that the product is flawed - it works just fine.

Offline Ops .5

• Ensign
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2005, 08:15:26 am »
I work for Sam's Club and bought the game today and discovered this problem. I intend on calling our home office when I go to work tommorrow and informing them of the problem and will see what can be done. I must commend the moderators of this site for helping the people out here to get thier games running. Now i'll just wait for the PM so I can play my copy also.  ;)          Sorry to all the folks that bought bad cd key copies of the game from us but hopefully tommorrow something will get done about it.

I used to work for Sam's Club last year.  I though about doing the same thing and going and talking to one of the managers to let them know.  Keep me posted if you do and I'll talk to the one here.  Maybe if there are enough complaints they can do something.

Ops .5

Offline BluesSlinger

• Ensign
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2005, 10:08:38 am »
Another Sams Club victim on 07/01/2005. Meaning they are still selling these games. Help!

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2005, 11:01:23 am »
Another Sams Club victim on 07/01/2005. Meaning they are still selling these games. Help!

Send me a personal message here on these forums. I will reply with the list of information we require from you to provide a valid key.

Send a PM to Bonk --> Click Here

(<rant> I would looove to know who was responsible at the original publisher for generating and printing an entire batch of EAW packaging with the wrong keys... was it sabotage? incompetence?, I suspect sabotage as I fail to understand how someone could make so colossally stupid a mistake... it just should not have been possible... someone needs a good flogging...</rant>)

Offline Ops .5

• Ensign
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2005, 02:57:23 pm »
Well I finally got my SFC EAW working!  Thank you Bonk.  Now I have another question.  I have the volume turned all the way up (including crew sounds) and I can't hear what they are saying during the tutorial.  I have to read everything the captain is saying. The background sound easily covers up the crew sounds.  I have muted the background sound and all I hear is a faint whisper of the crew.  Is there something incompatible with my sound card?  All my other games sound fine.  I went to Options and I have it on highest.  Any pointers will help!

Thanks

Ops .5

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2005, 11:02:48 pm »
Yeah, I haven't played in a while because things were getting a little stale, same old players, etc.  Maybe I'll have to come back. ;)  I wonder how many new people we'll actually get?  In my dreams it's enough to mount some of the larger campaigns like in the old days.  Why, when I was a kid... :D

40 requests approved so far.  ;D

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2005, 11:14:09 pm »
Well I finally got my SFC EAW working!  Thank you Bonk.  Now I have another question.  I have the volume turned all the way up (including crew sounds) and I can't hear what they are saying during the tutorial.  I have to read everything the captain is saying. The background sound easily covers up the crew sounds.  I have muted the background sound and all I hear is a faint whisper of the crew.  Is there something incompatible with my sound card?  All my other games sound fine.  I went to Options and I have it on highest.  Any pointers will help!

Thanks

Ops .5

Not sure about the voice issue, never had that one myself. I don't have an EAW install in front of me to look at. I seem to recall something about an ini setting though? Someone mentioned it recently... search the forums here or go over this whole thread? Or just create a thread to ask the question - it will catch more attention.

not sure if its in it, but this will come in handy anyway: Khoromag's EzINI

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2005, 11:54:13 pm »
Oh, and for all the new EAW players who want to login to the Dynaverse, you'll need this:

EAW 2002-2036 patch

and this:

SFC2 Directory Server mini-patcher for D2
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 12:09:09 am by Bonk »

Offline Indoril

• Ensign
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2005, 07:10:26 pm »
Works like a dream, jolly good show bonk, thanks a million.

Offline Reptor

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Jack Ryder - The Rundorth Faction
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2005, 09:26:45 pm »
Wow! Welcome aboard, everyone! Now, where'd I put that ole EAW... ahhhh, there it is!  :thumbsup:

Offline daremo

• Ensign
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2005, 10:14:34 pm »
Another Sam's Club Victum

any help would be appreciated

Daremo

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2005, 11:30:00 pm »
Another Sam's Club Victum

any help would be appreciated

Daremo

Don't think of it as being victimized.  Think of it as having a chance to get to know the wonderful people of this forum before you play.  (Yeah, I know that's weak.  But come on!  Work with me here!)

Send Bonk a private message and he'll get you fixed.  Click on his name where it appears on the left of this forum, above his avatar image.  When his profile page comes up, scroll down to the bottom and click on the link that says, "click here to send this member a private message."

-S'Cipio

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline the_j_mone

• Ensign
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2005, 02:55:09 pm »
I am another Sams Club victim that bought EAW on July 5th.  Please help me with the CD key.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2005, 03:01:26 pm »
Bonk should be along sometime tonight. He'll get you fixed up guys.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline bobwill

• Ensign
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2005, 09:30:02 pm »
Ha, add me to the Sam's Club SFCII cluster****.

Offline Captain Rick

• Ensign
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2005, 08:47:26 pm »
Thanks for the help Bonk, you da man!

Hang in there guys, help is on the way ;)

~Rick

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2005, 10:14:10 pm »
Ha, add me to the Sam's Club SFCII cluster****.

Send me a PM.

Offline Ops .5

• Ensign
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2005, 10:41:21 pm »
I've been playing EAW now that its up and running.  Its not half bad.  So now I might try a multiplayer game.  Any suggestions?  And what is the best race to play as?

Thanks again Bonk for helping me out.

Ravok

« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2005, 10:50:26 pm »
I've been playing EAW now that its up and running.  Its not half bad.  So now I might try a multiplayer game.  Any suggestions?  And what is the best race to play as?

Thanks again Bonk for helping me out.

If your going to go multiplayer right after buying it?

Practice ,practice,practice and have fun. You might want to join up with  a fleet, they can show you your way around,and help get you trained up.