Topic: EAW CD Key problem. What do I do now??  (Read 102436 times)

Offline jhealey197

• Ensign
Re: EAW CD Key problem. What do I do now??
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2010, 09:23:43 pm »
Can someone please tell me how to talk to a moderator.  I got a new computer and don't have the cd key, but do have the original discs I purchased.  I would like to play the game again.  thanks

Offline jhealey197

• Ensign
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2010, 01:25:26 pm »
how do i im a moderator.  I have the original discs.  jack

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2010, 02:24:37 pm »
I sent you a private message Jack. Use the "My Messages" menu item at the top of the forums to read it and reply.

Offline kewlltoys

• Ensign
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2010, 05:14:03 pm »
I am having the same problem, I went into the readme file and emailed interplay, and here is the response that I got:

Ms. Jones,
It sounds like the printed CD-key is incorrect. Unfortunately, we do not have a way to generate new CD keys to replace the misprint. We no longer have the Star Trek license, and when we could no longer sell the game, they deleted the CD-key generator.

However, try this forum:

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php?board=3269.0

It's a SFC fan-site, and they have access to the CD-key generator.

Sincerely,
-Interplay

*** PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. ***

If you have further questions, please use the customer service contact form on our website found here:

http://www.interplay.com/support/customer_service.php

For faster service, copy and paste the text of this email into your new customer service request. Thank you.

*** PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. ***

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Offline ponads

• Ensign
« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2010, 01:27:33 pm »
If i could get help as well, I had the game years ago and now just tried putting it on my laptop but I can't find my box or case with the authentication key anywhere.

Offline satyrQ

• Ensign
« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2011, 06:30:20 pm »
I recently purchased a copy of SFCII EaW online; I figured out how to run in compatibility mode, but when I get to the first screen it asks for my CD-key code it won't let me type anything it just "pings" at me as I type.

I have a CD-key and everything and as near as I can tell my copy is legitimate.

I found this site as I searched for a solution.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2011, 07:13:38 pm »
satyrQ, if you have not found the answer here already: create a new shortcut to StarFleet2.exe, use it to run the game.

Offline Davmog

• Ensign
« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2011, 09:42:27 am »
I've just bought Starfleet Command; Orion Pirates, (second hand copy from Amazon), and I'm having the same problem. I was devastated when the game would not accept the registration code, after looking forward to playing it so much. If anyone could help or PM me a solution I'd be really grateful!

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #188 on: July 23, 2011, 10:16:14 am »
Davmog, likely you have an EAW CD key that was shipped with OP.  It's a known issue.  You'll have to PM Frey, as it says higher up in the thread.  He'll ask you for some information, and then provided it checks out, he'll send you a new key.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #189 on: July 23, 2011, 12:38:03 pm »
Or just get a copy on the market: http://www.dynaverse.net/market for $6. Worth it, just for the savings in everybody's time. However if that is not acceptable, we can manually process OP CD key requests with an exchange of several emails or PMs with a series of questions to verify that you do indeed have a legitimate copy. (which is a pain in the ass)

Offline 3rd-Jester

• Ensign
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2020, 08:31:12 am »
Hi all, Im an old 3rd Fleeter, and i purcased the game on a whim on ebay.. of course no CD key  and i cant even get the game to type one in if i had one. any ideas?
Thanks
3rd- Jester Adm. 3rd Fleet (RET.)