Topic: requesting more alien ships and bases  (Read 1154 times)

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
requesting more alien ships and bases
« on: May 16, 2005, 04:10:22 pm »
hi - this is not a request to do 1 or 2 ships or a kitbash. its just to say that i think it would be cool to have some more gorns, hydrans, lyrans etc that look as cool as thos feds klinks and romies out there.
i know there are some realy good models for those alien empires but most times its 1 or 2 ships.
atolm and tus (if i remember that corectly) mad alot of fleetpacks and thats great and most of them look
fantastic. but still - they lack breakmodels and hardpoints.
thats another thing i would appriciate (and i think everone else making mods): to know where the hardpoints are on a model. wickedzombie has a bmp in his sfc2 shipdownloads where u can see wich hardpoint is wich weapon.
would be great if all modelers would follow that exsample.
i for one have awishlist - and i think most of us have.

id love to see a remake of those taldren stock gornships,bases and shuttles just with more polies and better textures. they wouldnt have to be excact highpoly copies of the old ones-there is always room for interpretation.
its the same with hydrans,lyrans, isc and mirak.pirates are less problematic in a mod - u can always have stolen ships from the other empires plus those already modeled decently.

this isnt meant as an insult and i dont want to tell the modders what they should do. its just
meant as constructive critics and perhaps a little bit of inspiration.

anyway,

i love sfc - keep up the good work.

btw.: i have some sketches of gornships - would someone mind to give them a try? ill show them in my next post.

greatings,

ed :)
your sssship iss ssssoft!

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: requesting more alien ships and bases
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 12:49:14 am »
Have you checked Battleclinic, there's a multitude of Alien bases and docks there. Encompasing all eras of Trek.
http://www.battleclinic.com/
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline CC22

• Has been known to kitbash in the name of 'canon'...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 08:00:28 pm »
Does anyone know why most of the downloads at battleclinic have reduced size textures with the mods? There are a lot of ships there that you can get elsewhere with the orignal size textures. Just seems a shame.
"For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be..."

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 08:15:08 pm »
Hmmm never noticed that.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Victory

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • There is no spoon.....
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 04:47:16 pm »
alot of ships I've noticed with huge texture files are just too much for some people's machines. There was one Fed ship, the Alita, the textures were so big it lagged my computer, and I have a good one. The texture files were 3 mb each, way too much. I reduced the size and it worked perfectly.
I am Victory, and I approved this message

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 06:35:01 pm »
Getting back on topic, I've been working on making better, higher poly versions of sfc2 ships.  I'm still pretty new to ship modeling and I find that it makes for great practice.  I've already released a couple of them (fed ships, sorry) for sfc3 at wwwsfc3files.com .  After I finish with the Yamato, I think I'll try playing with those Lyran and Hydran ships.

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 07:27:57 pm »
im curently trying to lern how to use blender.since it can export in lwo format it might be a good start.as far as i know lwo files are converteable to sfc2 format arent they?
however - i still have a long way to go. but hopefully someday i can make models on my own.

for now i have to figure out how to do simple stuff. i m still trying to do a simple fed tos saucer.
we all have to start somewhere.

greatings,

ed:)
your sssship iss ssssoft!