SFC OP > Orion Pirates Patrol Battles Arena

Bases for the Base Assaults

(1/3) > >>

KHH Jakle:
So you guys can factor this into your planning:

Per the SFB campaign, a Y168 campaign would use the following BATS:
K-BTSF+ (with a stock load of Medium Speed Drones)
H-BTSF+

I know the OP+ shiplist gives them a YFA of 7, but I am going with the campaign.  If you think it's fair enough, I'd say allow each BATS to have whatever Type II fighters the owning player wants.

The final BPV of the BATSF+ (including fighters and drone speed upgrade) will be factored into that Scenarios Victory conditions

KHH Jakle:
Due to defects in the Sector Assault script, specific fighters can't be chosen for the BATS.

Not a huge impact, but just an FYI

KHH Jakle:
Special Consideration About the base assaults:

The BATS factor in the match scoring just like any other ship.

After doing a little play testing over the weekend with Mini-Me, I realize the potential for ....crappiness (for lack of a better word)

Mini took a force rated at about 300BPV.  I took two Hydran Frigates rated at about 150, but when I include the BATS BPV, we're up to about 470.

This means that because of the Scoring set up, Mini started with about 170 Victory Points in the bank, provided he satisified the disengagement requirement (he not leave the map until after 2 minutes had passed and he cause internals on at least on Hydran ship.

Now, since it was just the two of us, we both had AI wings.  I didn't do so great a job at controlling mine, which exposed the one to fire more so than if a human controlled it.  So once Mini got his internals, he was like "I can book, right?" and he did.  I got 25% of his BPV, but that was only about 75 points, compared to the 170 he banked from the BPV mismatch and the 10% from causing internals. 

Since BATS are about 325 BPV across the board, adding any ships to their scenario is almost garunteeing a sizeable BPV advantage to the attacking player.  I am hoping that by having all human players will offset this and still make the mission challenging for both sides and not just a points cash-in.  Additionally, this should be factored into ship deployments, with the defending player most likely wanting to go into the match with scant defensding ships (in order to minimize the BPV lead on his opponent).

A further consideration would be to reduce the BPV allotment to purchase ships.  The original Mini-Camp had 1250 for this time period.  I went with 1850 to provide each side with enough to be able to get 18 ships (with a decent hull distribution).  I am thinking that 15 ships might have been better, although allowing players to get as many as 18 (or as few as 6), but have the BPV balanced for 15 ships, with them spread out across the 5 other scenarios and leave the BATS to it's own defenses (and resulting in a more balanced battle)

Anyway, we'll go as is: I just want to throw this out up front in case the Base Assualt/Defense scenarios for both sides turn out to be kind of stupid.

This is a concept playtest afterall, so I imagine we might come out of this with some obvious

762_XC:
I think a simpler solution would be to require the attacker to score internals on the BATS before disengaging.

It would also be more realistic.

KHH Jakle:
I like that - there are some concerns that come out of that - like what if the defender takes a powerful enough defensive force that they essentially lock the attacker in, unable to disengage because they can't get in at the base to cause internals.

Might be no big deal though...we'll go with internals on the Base

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version