SFC OP > Orion Pirates Patrol Battles Arena

Clarification regarding divisional league

(1/3) > >>

KHH Jakle:
No one has asked, but I thought I'd float this out so everybody know where I stand:

I asked Frey to make me moderator of this forum so that someone could do general upkeep with Kel being gone.  Since I was making a zillion Mini-Camp related posts, it might as well be me.

I have absolutely no intention of even trying to kick off another cycle of Divisional League play.
> I don't want to be in that role again
> I don't think the player base is here to support it
> I personally have moved beyond standard PBR.  I think it's cheesy :P

Now, being the glutton for punishment that I am, I have started work on making a website that will house both the standard PBR rules, but more importantly enshrine the Mini-Campaign concept.  The website will be property of DGA, located at www.patrolbattlegaming.com

It's a bit more work than I first thought, and it's not necessarily finite in scope, but if it's too big I can just stop with Economy of War and not develop any other mini-camps.  Or, others could always design their own Mini-Camps based around the EcoWar template.

Anyway, the way I see it:  if you wanna play PBR, it's going to be in the Mini-Camp format - but the old PBR rules will still be available to whomever wants to use them.

Dfly:
hate to say it, but the place you posted is not there.

KHH Jakle:
nothing's published yet, so it's empty

[ISC]Phaser:

--- Quote from: Jakle on August 29, 2005, 10:44:08 am ---No one has asked, but I thought I'd float this out so everybody know where I stand:

I asked Frey to make me moderator of this forum so that someone could do general upkeep with Kel being gone.  Since I was making a zillion Mini-Camp related posts, it might as well be me.

I have absolutely no intention of even trying to kick off another cycle of Divisional League play.
> I don't want to be in that role again
> I don't think the player base is here to support it
> I personally have moved beyond standard PBR.  I think it's cheesy :P

Now, being the glutton for punishment that I am, I have started work on making a website that will house both the standard PBR rules, but more importantly enshrine the Mini-Campaign concept.  The website will be property of DGA, located at www.patrolbattlegaming.com

It's a bit more work than I first thought, and it's not necessarily finite in scope, but if it's too big I can just stop with Economy of War and not develop any other mini-camps.  Or, others could always design their own Mini-Camps based around the EcoWar template.

Anyway, the way I see it:  if you wanna play PBR, it's going to be in the Mini-Camp format - but the old PBR rules will still be available to whomever wants to use them.

--- End quote ---

i find these comment extremely sad;

1.I personally have moved beyond standard PBR.  I think it's cheesy :P
 2.if you wanna play PBR, it's going to be in the Mini-Camp format

Concidering PBR was  ur idea and how hard most of us (including me) pushed the concept u want to just drop it?

Is it ur thought that mabe in this type of format KHH may have a chance at winning a championship?
(now this ^ was in fun i hope its not taken the other way :)

PBR has come too far to just try to start all over again with more new rules and regulations,i think most fleets that were in cycle 4 are now more confortable with the PBR rules and the way the league runs.I THINK THE MINI CAMP THING IS A MISTAKE, judging from the little replys the threads recieved.I know ur saying what do u care if there was a cycle 5 [ISC]  said they are finished,that mabe true but we [ISC] do not wanna see PBR changed to that mini crap, [ISC] would continue to fly to help keep it going!

ShadowLord:

Congrats SOV =

(YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MY OTHER POST SAID )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version