Topic: Warparrow - RELEASED  (Read 2495 times)

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
Warparrow - RELEASED
« on: January 14, 2007, 02:24:22 pm »
Introducing the Warparrow fighter used by pirates in the notorious triangle sector - where Klink, Rommie and Fed territory meets. It's a kitbash of my favorite fighter in another game with WZ's Defiant and Connie. She looks kind of cool with treknology. All I need to do is tweak some textures to make them match better and then get Wicked Zombie's permission since I used parts of his Defiant and Connie and then I can release. Enjoy!

« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 10:55:50 pm by redneckf15 »

Offline Arcanum

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Warparrow WIP
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 03:09:41 pm »
Wow that is one sweet looking ship

I sure hope you get permissions - would love to add that to the game!

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 04:30:49 pm »
Hey that's one cool little fighter  :)

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 10:46:18 pm »
Thanks MP. Can you do me a favor and analyze how I set her up/converted her and give me some pointers?

Special Thanks to WZ for giving me permission to release her and thanks to WCTC for the original mesh.  Pointers from you are always welcome.

Drum roll palease! ;D

Download courtesy of battleclinic:

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,5803a8676aae3fc889ce0016d3baac84.zip

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 11:16:55 pm »
Thanks MP. Can you do me a favor and analyze how I set her up/converted her and give me some pointers?

Special Thanks to WZ for giving me permission to release her and thanks to WCTC for the original mesh.  Pointers from you are always welcome.

Drum roll palease! ;D

Download courtesy of battleclinic:

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,5803a8676aae3fc889ce0016d3baac84.zip

It's HUGE it needs to be scaled down. I placed p81's Intrepid mesh inside yours to show ya how big your fighter is...........

Also HP is different in SFC 1,2/op VS. III.  It appears your HP is for neither version because from an SFC 1 and 2/op version you only have one phaser HP yet you have 2 guns on the ship everything is a heavy hp. From an SFC III standpoint you have the phasers and photons as light weapons. Also the 'AXIS' entries............no friggin clue what they are as they are not used in any SFC version or Armada for that matter. You Only need HP/DP.  It's a great lil ship but you need to fix it. Hope that helps  :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 11:32:33 pm by ModelsPlease »

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: Warparrow - RELEASED
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 11:40:28 pm »
FINALLY.......you didin't attach any lightmaps so the model is UNLIT

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 12:04:38 am »
On a better note, I took the ship ya released....fixed the HP/DP and scale, so here's one for SFC 1. When ya get the lightmaps done add them to this model and you'll have your SFC II EAW/OP release as well, then all you'll need to do is reverse the HP and you'll have your SFC III release. ;) Again great job I like this little fighter.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 09:01:57 am by ModelsPlease »

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 11:12:33 am »
Thanks for the pointers and assist with resizing. I use 3DS Max and I thought I sized it comparably to the Argo Class Shuttle. Of course I thought I was wrong once before and was mistaken  ::). I tired a cut and paste of hard points from another model and it didn't seem to work. I'll go back to the HP utility. I should have tested it in game first...

I'm not sure how to do illumination maps. Can you point me to instructions? If so I'll give it a try. Otherwise it should work okay in OP and SFC III, it just isn't as pretty as it could be.

The pirate base I've been working on has proven more difficult than I imagined. Sometimes I think I should learn to model and stop bashing - all kinds of little unexpected things occur!

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 01:11:14 pm »
Ok I fixed the HP/DP and scale and uploaded a model version for all three games SFC 1,2, and 3 for ya now all ya need to is add lightmaps when ya get them. Your ship now works in all three games  ;)

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 08:31:09 pm »
Thanks MP!

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 12:26:52 am »

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 07:31:56 pm »
Here, try this tutorial I wrote a little over a year and a half ago and submitted to sfc3files.  This ought to help you with creating and applying illumination maps.

http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/file/Starship_Texturing_Tutorial;42970