Taldrenites > WIPs

NCC-1371 Republic

(1/4) > >>

USS Mariner:
I'm building Kirk's Republic, Baton Rouge-class. Loosely based on the Spaceflight Chronology painting by Rick Sternbach.

Original Painting

My WIP

I'm obviously adding other influences as well. Heck, I should call it C-1371D :p

Approximately 22,000 tris so far, though Max(9) somehow deleted a half-dozen edges just after rendering, which I'm very leery about (They've been corrected before posting.) The pattern on the top part of the B/C Deck is intentional, so I can tell which is front untill I add the impulse deck.

I've had edges disappear at random on a few projects, even low poly ones, so I'm not sure if it's a glitch or something more serious. Any advice or explanation would be appreciated.

Don't fret about the poly count, as I plan to make a playable, low poly version for SFC/OP when this is done. :)

Norsehound:
I don't recall if anyone has ever made a C-57D model before... :D

This ship is a pretty good contender for a replacement for the CLs of OP. They're older ships according to SFB lore, and if the CA is the TOS Connie, then ships from the spaceflight chronology are good contenders for older ships still in service (other than the Texas-class).

Continue, I'd like to see what you do with the front. The pic you've posted is the only one I've ever seen of this ship.

Norsehound:
Hey, any news on progress for this ship?

USS Mariner:
I've been camping for a week, I'll be posting later in July.

ModelsPlease:
BUMP, it's later in the month  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version