Topic: Something strange again ?  (Read 3814 times)

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
Something strange again ?
« on: August 17, 2007, 06:32:25 am »
:( Today i ran into something strange again. At the beginning of each mission i noticed that before i go to red alert one of my aft torpedo tubes showed damage in the red no less. Can anyone tell me why that happens ? :(

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
Re: Something strange again ?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 07:38:22 am »
is it sfc3?

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 03:46:37 pm »
Yes it is in sfc3 but it only happens when i have a mixed weapons layout. When i have all cannons of the same calibre it does not happen.  :-[

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 05:19:20 pm »
Yes it is in sfc3 but it only happens when i have a mixed weapons layout. When i have all cannons of the same calibre it does not happen.  :-[

I've had it happen to me many times.  I think it's a bug in the game itself, and can't be fixed.

Usually making sure you plant bases every few hexes apart so you have a place to repair and resupply is a good idea.  That is if you're playing single player.

If it's in multiplayer, stick close to your planets and bases every few missions.

Sometimes I've had phasers get damaged for no reason after a few missions.  Most of the time though it's torpedoes/other heavy weapons. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline worfhonour

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 09:30:09 am »
Hello,
Are you running a MOD?

Single player or multiplayer?

If it is a MOD the person who had made the MOD is not allocating enough resource to the weapons in the DefaultCore.
I usually add approximately 5% to what is required.

If you run a single player game you can change this, but if you are running in multiplayer you cant.

F9thCenturus is 100% correct just visit a planet or base to visually re-charge the weapon.  Though in reality there is not a problem with the weapon, but it good to re-charge your systems anyway.

Worfy  ;D

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 08:40:09 pm »
Hello,
Are you running a MOD?

Single player or multiplayer?

If it is a MOD the person who had made the MOD is not allocating enough resource to the weapons in the DefaultCore.
I usually add approximately 5% to what is required.

If you run a single player game you can change this, but if you are running in multiplayer you cant.

F9thCenturus is 100% correct just visit a planet or base to visually re-charge the weapon.  Though in reality there is not a problem with the weapon, but it good to re-charge your systems anyway.

Worfy  ;D

*takes a bow*

;D
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 02:26:03 pm »
It was a mod called Near Distand Future and i do like it a lot except that you can only play the federation/Klingon alliance and not one of the others. Especially the romulans have some amazing ships. 8)