Topic: Just My way of saying Thanks...  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
Just My way of saying Thanks...
« on: December 10, 2008, 03:16:39 pm »
This one's for the Z.
TMP Klingon D'Vaj'Ra-Class Light-Cruiser:

Thanks mate, this is the the very least I can do to show my gratitude and appreciation for all the quality work you have shared with us.  Yours will be the Standard by which I will always weigh my work against.

Klingon Kristmas Bitches... Qa'Pla!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 04:46:28 pm by Atolm-Rising »

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
Re: Just My way of saying Thanks...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 06:00:03 pm »
Now that is very nice  Great work there  ;D

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 07:30:53 pm »
Absolutely wonderful.

Please, WZ, model the gift out :-).
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 02:58:18 pm »
thnx mates
wow 100+  views and only 2 comments to either the design or to the gratitude of the hard work of WZ... nice... :-[

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 03:37:05 pm »
hehe, Lord Deadite knows I feel about him. I love him with all my heart :-D.... -hides-
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 03:57:57 pm »
hehe, Lord Deadite knows I feel about him. I love him with all my heart :-D.... -hides-
LOL

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 04:29:30 pm »
wow 100+  views and only 2 comments to either the design or to the gratitude of the hard work of WZ... nice... :-[

OK, I admit it, yesterday I looked, appreciated, and posted not.  *hangs head...

It did get me thinking though, enough that my thoughts digressed from a relevant response. I'll explain. I always get the impression of a student (like myself, or friends) in junior of high school, drawing SSDs on our graph paper in math and science class instead of paying attention. That is the feel your drawings have for me. They remind me of math (geomoetry) sets and drafting class. Of course more artfully done than my doodles and fantasy cheezemeister Tholian SSDs.  :notworthy:

So I looked at this drawing and thought, another good one. Your work has grown more polished in even the few years you have been with us, and has served as inspiration or outright template for many a fine model. I envy your fine hand with pencil as it was my favourite medium for art in school or at home as a youth. We are blessed with a wide variety of talent, intellect and ages that cross our doors at Dynaverse.net. Each of has a piece of the puzzle and common interest in the game, enough at this point that it is desirable to structure a coordinated massive art and code revision of SFC as a community project. But I think we just need to let it happen. We are all drawn here for a reason, a game that is no longer under commercial development (for some time now). The trick is to continue to let this beast that will be known as a community edition of SFC (as has happened with other old hit game franchises), just morph into what it will, without trying to force it to happen so much as foster and steward it's inevitable development.

So, you see, I digressed in my thoughts from this one drawing to a collage of a first real vision of an SFC Community Edition. Not to single out your fine work, but to cite it as a representative example of the diverse and valuable talent that graces Dynaverse.net.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 04:50:22 pm »
Actually a 50:1 ratio of looks to comments is pretty good around here, you should be impressed you got thta many.

This is a design I like though think it captures the basic Kligon elements, and gives them a new direction to their looks.
As always I hope WZ does make this one as I do like his Kligon Models
And then finally thanks to WZ for all the Hard work he does on these ships.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 06:15:41 pm »
Thanks mates...now was that so hard(sarcasm lol)?
Aye, I was meerly pointing out, that just because a lot of us are seasoned veterans, doesn't mean that we don't comment, just because you know what to expect from the person's work...I personally don't care(in spite of my above small rant...lol) if you comment or not(though I do prefer it to show your not all dead or something), but I did to really honour WZ. I think everyone here would agree to the statement, that we owe a lot to real veterans like him and his ilk for what we have now...and I for one needed to express that gratitude the only way I know how.
So once again (and yes to specifically sound cheezy, and it may piss off Z a bit...lol)
Thanks mate.  I'll always be in your debt.

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 01:41:12 am »
It never ceases to amaze me where you come up with the designs for these ships atolm. Although I tend to far prefer the klink Br'el BOP this is a very good representation of a more advanced D7 (I think). If I get some time I have to try this, with your blessing though.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 01:46:04 am »
It does look good, I like how it blends the K't'inga with a bit of the K'teremy, and even a little bit of the ENT BattleCruiser (from season 4).

It should be noted, that 100 views does not mean 100 unique views, I know that I've probably been in this thread about seven times. (this time being the first time posting about it)  It is a shame that there isn't an easy way to see unique views, there's a couple of threads elsewhere that I would want to know who has been dropping in and how many times.  :)
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 04:53:20 pm »
She would make a fantastic X-era Klingon vessel. Fact is, I'd rather have this ship over the Vor'cha in TNG, so long as she was painted in something other than pale green :D

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 08:43:30 pm »
...so long as she was painted in something other than pale green :D

Gunmetal for the win.

It should be noted, that 100 views does not mean 100 unique views, I know that I've probably been in this thread about seven times.

Second that, dropped in at least a dozen times.  Easily one of my favorite Klink designs.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 06:03:26 pm »
yeah, thanks... lol

Offline Grim Reaper

• The 4th Horseman, the Lord of Death
  • Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 01:38:27 am »
Well kudos to Atolm for the design and not to forget: Thanks WZ for realising a lot of very fine designs (yours and others). It certainly made my SFC games more worthwhile!
Snickers@DND: If there is one straight answer in that bent little head of yours, you'd better start spillin' it pretty damn quick, or I'm gonna take a large, blunt object, roughly the size of Kallae AND his hat and shove it lengthwise up a crevice of your being so seldomly cleaned that even the denizens of the nine hells would not touch it with a 10-feet rusty pole