Topic: KHAAAANNN!!!!!!!  (Read 1706 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
KHAAAANNN!!!!!!!
« on: January 15, 2009, 12:21:58 pm »
...is dead.

sad news that ricardo montalban has died at 88 in his los angeles home.

sigh, they keep dropping like flies, hopefully all these trek deaths are being caused by them seeing the new trek movie early...
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: KHAAAANNN!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 05:38:35 pm »
I tell ya, that one really gets me. HE was one hell of a fine person, based on everything I have heard about him.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
Re: KHAAAANNN!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 02:16:50 am »
Yeah.  Shame.  I really liked him as an actor.

So, my Khan tribute:

When STII came out in theaters, me and three of my friends went to see it.  I'm not sure how it happened, but one of my friends (who needed glasses but didn't wear them) somehow missed the subtitle of the movie.  So we have this big dramatic moment when the bad guy takes off his helmet and reveals himself.  Checkov reacts fearfully, with "Khan..." 

In the same awed voice, my friend says "Khan..." loud enough to be heard by everyone in that moment.  The entire theater burst with laughter.  I'm sure it was not the reaction they were going for, but I will never forget that moment.
"The Andromedans," Kadh said, "will never stop coming.  Not until they are all destroyed or we are."