Topic: SFC: OP Weapon Arc Question  (Read 2995 times)

Offline DrVulcan

• Ensign
SFC: OP Weapon Arc Question
« on: February 04, 2009, 04:12:00 pm »
Hello,
I am trying to make a simple navy sim using SFC:OP, however I am having a problem getting the weapons to just shoot to the left or the right of the ship.
I want to use just Right "R" or Left "L" weapon arcs (without the front or rear portion seen in RS and LS), however, when I script them into the shiplist.txt file as having the arcs "R" or "L" (instead of RS or LS for example) I get a weapon arc that is equal to "ALL" in the game (it does not show a weapon arc in game, but the weapon can fire in all directions)
Are the R and L arcs implemented in the game, and if so, am I doing something wrong when writing, for example:
4   Phot   R
Thank you!

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Re: SFC: OP Weapon Arc Question
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 05:58:28 pm »
IIRC, the R/L arcs were broken in the release build.  But were fixed in a later patch.  I would make sure you have the game completely patched. The latest patch is 2 . 5 . 5 . 2.

Welcome to the forums, when your done I'm sure a number of people here would love to see what you've done.  I absolutely loved the naval combat in Pirates of the Burning Sea.  Shame there was so much emphasis on Swashbuckling, I could sail those ships all day.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline PigUp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 11:27:02 am »
Instead of "L" use "SFBL" and instead of "R" use "SFBR". This is the workaround patch 2.5.5.2 used to make those arcs work, they don't show up correctly on the ingame UI but they will fire in the correct arc.

Offline DrVulcan

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 12:00:06 pm »
Thank you very much for the help guys =)

And if anything comes of the mod, I will be sure to post it here =)