Topic: Just cant connect  (Read 6148 times)

Braeden

Just cant connect
« on: June 09, 2009, 05:07:34 pm »
OK so I dug out my copy of SFC3 and installed it.  Used the 534b patch and installed the server pack.  Opened all the ports required on my router and I still cannot connect :(  I added the BehindNAT=1 to the sfc.ini file and all I get is Directplay test countdown and then a long dissertation asking me for my IP address.  I tried to connect directly to my cable modem but for some reason my internet doesnt work unless my router is connected.  Any other ideas??

Offline Sprjay

• Ensign
Re: Just cant connect
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 07:39:41 pm »
I'm having similar issues. I've followed the posts for clean install then patch then got the server address DL and it connects to the access server but as soon as it runs the test it just counts down forever till i get the enter your IP addy. I am running vista 64 bit I'm not using a router just a straight dsl connection.
If anyone has any ideas Please help.I really want to play online with others...single player gets abit boring lol

Offline FVA_C_ Blade_ XC

• Forum Czar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Yep,I did it.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 09:29:10 pm »
Vista?
FVA_C_Blade_XC
XenoCorp Fleet Operations
www.xenocorp.net
ISC Race Moderator
Visioneer
S.S.Blade

See Wade,See Wade post like an arse,See Wade get banned.
Dont be a Wade!

Offline Sprjay

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 09:40:35 pm »
yes windows vista 64 bit

Offline FVA_C_ Blade_ XC

• Forum Czar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Yep,I did it.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 02:52:23 pm »
    Login to your router
Go to port forwarding
these are the ports
2302-2302 udp and tcp
2303-2303 udp and tcp
6073-6073 udp and tcp
FVA_C_Blade_XC
XenoCorp Fleet Operations
www.xenocorp.net
ISC Race Moderator
Visioneer
S.S.Blade

See Wade,See Wade post like an arse,See Wade get banned.
Dont be a Wade!

Offline SPMaverick

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Shadow Warriors
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 03:36:46 pm »
OK so I dug out my copy of SFC3 and installed it.  Used the 534b patch and installed the server pack.  Opened all the ports required on my router and I still cannot connect :(  I added the BehindNAT=1 to the sfc.ini file and all I get is Directplay test countdown and then a long dissertation asking me for my IP address.
You only use the BehindNAT=1 if you are connected to the internet behind a router. If you are directly connected to your PC then it should be set to 0.

I tried to connect directly to my cable modem but for some reason my internet doesnt work unless my router is connected.  Any other ideas??

In this case, your internet probably isn't working because your PC is using DHCP to get an IP address assigned by your router (which isn't connected).

Offline Sprjay

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 05:42:09 pm »
i don't have a router I run straight through a dsl modem. Been wracking my brain for awhile and still cannot connect.

Offline SPMaverick

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Shadow Warriors
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 10:42:47 pm »
i don't have a router I run straight through a dsl modem. Been wracking my brain for awhile and still cannot connect.
Some modems have firewalls, etc. built into them. You might want to check your modem's documentation to see if your modem has any of these. If so, you may need to configure some settings.

Good luck,
Mav

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 11:14:05 pm »
Did you install the SFC3 Directory Server patch?
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline DarkmistStarpain

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 06:25:16 am »
What's the maker and model of your modem?

Offline Sprjay

• Ensign
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 12:09:52 am »
yes i DLed and installed the directory server patch.Also my modem is a westell model 6100.

Offline DarkmistStarpain

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 01:48:14 am »
yes i DLed and installed the directory server patch.Also my modem is a westell model 6100.

Quick google said that it's a modem/router.

Here's a link for portforwarding.com guide:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Westell/Westell6100/Star_Trek_Starfleet_Command_III.htm

You can try the Port Checker tool if it's setup right (forwarding the ports correctly) at the end of that page.