Topic: is there any other method to join a SCF 3 server than the Access server?  (Read 4684 times)

Offline Ic3Dog

• Lt. Junior Grade
Sorry i disturb again  :(
But as far, as i can see, is there no way to test the working server on my Root this day?
Canīt loggin and tried everything? Seems the Access Server is offline.

Isnīt there an other type to get on a SFC3 hosted server without access server..direct ip??

greetz Ic3Dog

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: is there any other method to join a SCF 3 server than the Access server?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 05:54:41 am »
No there is not.

Are you behind a router? Is your LAN statically configured and have you forwarded the correct ports and allowed ICMP echo requests on the WAN and disabled UPnP?

Have you added the IPAddress= line to your sfc.ini?

Do you know the difference between a publc and private IP addresss?

You will need to answer these questions to connect. (Good Lord, this sounds like a riddle from a bedtime story or something, but sadly it is not.)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 06:44:16 am »
Again, I will verify that the access server is indeed running with a screenshot... lemme boot up my old PC here...

Also, you can monitor the directory server here (heimdall):
http://monitor.xenocorp.net/

SFC3 client login screenshots from this morning (8:40 AM Atlantic) attached.

Offline CIAsniper

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 10:39:51 am »
hello,

I was also fed up of playing singleplayer and mods.
So i looked up the net and found you guys here. I installed all the files to get to strayy' net and first  i had the problem that i could not join the server because my cd key was invalit. Anyway i installed everything again and now i can join that server. through the srceen that is posted up here. BUT, when i enter after i put my name in and select FED, and go to the HEX where you see the map, news and  missions screen, i dont see a HEX and i cant move arround. and it seems that i am all alone. SO i guess something whent wrong. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks

CIAsniper