Topic: =/\= wow this could be epic. possible life on the moon?  (Read 2077 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Re: =/\= wow this could be epic. possible life on the moon?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 03:27:38 pm »
Inconclusive at best.  While such compounds may be the first building blocks of life, there is almost no possibility of life evolving in a vaccume.

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 06:20:17 pm »
the moon does have a very thin partial atmosphere. it would be single celled at best.
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 11:32:17 pm »
Inconclusive at best.  While such compounds may be the first building blocks of life, there is almost no possibility of life evolving in a vaccume.
that is assuming that the life has to follow how life was formed here on earth, and even then we are finding different forms of life that break the known rules although not by a whole lot. 
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 12:03:59 am »
that is assuming that the life has to follow how life was formed here on earth, and even then we are finding different forms of life that break the known rules although not by a whole lot.

When you can show me a giant space amoeba, I'll change my opinion on the matter.