Taldrenites > Starfleet Command Mission Scripting

More than 6 ships in a skirmish

(1/4) > >>

vonfrank:
There has to be some way to do it.  >:(

When i look in the script files for "Free for All" in the API there are 12 teams listed. That must mean that you can add 12 ships in a skirmish somehow.

I know that you can add more than 6 in the "fleet pick" mission but it is not as easy as the "Free for All" mission.

Any input on this would be welcomed  :)

marstone:

--- Quote from: vonfrank on January 05, 2010, 04:16:38 pm ---There has to be some way to do it.  >:(

When i look in the script files for "Free for All" in the API there are 12 teams listed. That must mean that you can add 12 ships in a skirmish somehow.

I know that you can add more than 6 in the "fleet pick" mission but it is not as easy as the "Free for All" mission.

Any input on this would be welcomed  :)

--- End quote ---

it is possible that even tho they have 12 "slots" for teams only 6 can be used by players (possible hard code, who knows) and the other 6 can only be AI.  Would love to really know tho.

FireSoul:

--- Quote from: marstone on January 05, 2010, 10:06:49 pm ---it is possible that even tho they have 12 "slots" for teams only 6 can be used by players (possible hard code, who knows) and the other 6 can only be AI.  Would love to really know tho.

--- End quote ---

That's correct.
What COULD be done, for example of FFA that would be interesting, is a Multiplayer FFA script like my bfest+ that would give each player an AI teammate.

ie:
4 players log in. The 4 players choose their races, but not their ships. The first ship is a random frigate.
Result: 8 ships are in-game. Each player appears near a teammate AI that has its own frigate. You, however, cannot control your AI friend. There could effectively be 8 teams in this scenario: 4 players and 4 assisting AIs.

marstone:

--- Quote from: FireSoul on January 06, 2010, 02:15:06 am ---
--- Quote from: marstone on January 05, 2010, 10:06:49 pm ---it is possible that even tho they have 12 "slots" for teams only 6 can be used by players (possible hard code, who knows) and the other 6 can only be AI.  Would love to really know tho.

--- End quote ---

That's correct.
What COULD be done, for example of FFA that would be interesting, is a Multiplayer FFA script like my bfest+ that would give each player an AI teammate.

ie:
4 players log in. The 4 players choose their races, but not their ships. The first ship is a random frigate.
Result: 8 ships are in-game. Each player appears near a teammate AI that has its own frigate. You, however, cannot control your AI friend. There could effectively be 8 teams in this scenario: 4 players and 4 assisting AIs.

--- End quote ---

It would be interesting to see if we could set up the 7th player in a game.  If a script was written for a battlefest that used 7 players, I could see if I can get a 7 player ui set up to test it.  would take alittle time, but I don't script missions (yet) so I haven't walked down this path yet, but I have looked at it.

FireSoul:

--- Quote from: marstone on January 06, 2010, 03:34:59 am ---
--- Quote from: FireSoul on January 06, 2010, 02:15:06 am ---

--- End quote ---

That's correct.

ie:

--- End quote ---

It would be interesting to see if we could set up the 7th player in a game.  If a script was written for a battlefest that used 7 players, I could see if I can get a 7 player ui set up to test it.  would take alittle time, but I don't script missions (yet) so I haven't walked down this path yet, but I have looked at it.

--- End quote ---

The API would have to be updated too. It currently kinda assumes a max of 6 players, and 12 teams.

(...)

Also,
I completed the script idea I mentioned above, for SFC-OP. Who wants to test it? Consider this a beta release, and you're a tester.

I called it "Battlefest+Intense", silly name huh.. It's based off of my bfest+ that used the shiplist API for better shiplist selection. Also, I made it *7* ships long: added Battleship at the end. It's *is* quite intense. I don't know how well it' will stand up to multiplayer testing.

But I had a blast in a 50-minute plus game. The setup: me + 2 AI players vs 3 AI players. The result: a 6 vs 6 ship bfest mayhem.

http://klingon.pet.dhs.org/fests+/index.html#intense
SFC-OP script: http://klingon.pet.dhs.org/fests+/Mul_Battlefest+Intense.scr
Sources: http://klingon.pet.dhs.org/fests+/Mul_Battlefest+Intense.zip

-- FS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version