Topic: Lost CD Key  (Read 1215 times)

intermech

Lost CD Key
« on: February 16, 2010, 04:50:08 pm »
OK, Looking for some advice. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE LINKS TO CRACKS!

I purchased Homeworld2 from Target in 2004. I had a computer that was not going to be able to run it, but while I could get it for a good price I bought it. Now, I have tried to load it on my new computer that should have no problem running it, but when I pulled it out of my CD binder, put it in the CDRom drive and went to install it, it asked me for a CD key from the jewel case which is looong gone. It is a valid, purchased (licensed) CD straight out of the store. I could go into the inefficiencies of having to keep and storing the packaging of every bit of software you buy, but that won't help me install the game. Has anyone had to deal with this? Are companies like Sierra understanding enough to supply a key for a valid purchase on good faith. Are there any other suggestions?

Much thanks to any responses.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: Lost CD Key
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 05:45:02 pm »
Looks like sierra is gone. Activision shutdown the homeworld game servers in 2008.

Tough one. Activision might help, if they can. Otherwise best I can suggest is to borrow one from someone here who no longer uses their copy.

intermech

Re: Lost CD Key
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 09:58:33 pm »
Thanks for the response Bonk. I searched it on the internet and some sap had posted his CD key in a forum. So, I got it to install. A real shame a 6-year old game runs so slow on a brand new computer. (no wonder it wasn't as big a hit as its predecessor.) Ah, well, at least I got it to run.