Taldrenites > Starfleet Command Mods

Adding shuttles to custom races

<< < (2/2)

d4v1ks:
I think you just need to dowload the sfc3.exe linked above.
JanB changed it in way that now it will look for the appropriated shuttle for its race.

But if you want to continue to run the HD patch, you will have to use the latest version made from JanB.
He made a update recently.
Check the link below...

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163394157.msg1123053112.html#msg1123053112

JanB:
Yeah, that's right. Just compare the .exe posted above with a standard 534b .exe to find the changes I made. If you want to change the names of the shuttles you have to be careful: replacing a name by a shorter name means you have to replace the "lost" characters by periods, replacing a name by a longer name means you have to remove periods and when you run out of periods you have reached the maximum length.

JanB:
Ah, I see. Well, I think the only thing I did besides editing the .exe was add the shuttles to the defaultcore and defaultloadout files (with Class set to "SH" in the defaultcore file), like you would for any other ship, just make sure their names match the names hardcoded in the .exe (or change the names in the .exe).

You need my mod to get all the 9 races working with the ships and stations I gave them. But you could easily make different ones and you can change the full empire names in the RaceNames.gf file (most of the game's files only use the short empire names). What's more difficult is setting up a conquest campaign with extra races. You need to run a copy of Windows XP (a virtual XP copy works as well) and create a new map. You also need to create new scripts for the scenarios. This too only works with Windows XP (you need Visual Studio 6, modern versions won't work, and have C/C++ programming experience, which I did, but I still barely understand the basics of the structure of the scripts so don't even go there if you don't have programming experience), though you might get a lot done by simply editing the names of ships and stations in the scripts I put in my mod (open them with a hex editor or maybe even notepad and look for the names). I spent a godawful amount of time making this mod and its patches (it's a miracle I didn't lose my job or my girlfriend), I'm still proud of the result but I wouldn't recommend starting from scratch unless you're gonna be stuck on a deserted island for at least six months, but like I said you might get pretty far by just changing shipnames, textures, etc... in my mod, for which you have my permission as long as you credit me in the readme of the end result.

AlDaja:
This mod works perfectly.  We have applied and tested JanB's shuttle fix with a full 9-race map and the AI will launch assigned shuttles.  Great mod!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version