Topic: =/\= NASA plans new mars mission "MAVEN"  (Read 1365 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
=/\= NASA plans new mars mission "MAVEN"
« on: October 07, 2010, 08:31:23 am »
the atmosphere of mars has been rapidly disappearing and scientists want to know why. they want to know that and everything else they can discover plus any possible evidence of past life on mars so they have a new mission planned. the mission is named "MAVEN" (not the super cool high quality pirate release group from a few years back ;) arrrgghh matey) but actually "Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission". the launch window is november 18 through december 7....2013... sigh.

more details here: http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/69102/20101006/nasa-sun-mars-moon-red-planet-maven-river-water-water-vapor-atmosphere-earth-solar-wind-radiation-ph.htm
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: =/\= NASA plans new mars mission "MAVEN"
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 06:26:14 pm »
I love these things, but damnit, I wish they would start a project, fund it, and follow through all the way to the end.

Anyways, ,tips his cup of coffee> Here's to MAVEN, may she see the stars.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War