Topic: New To Modding, Need Some Help.  (Read 2684 times)

Offline Ancientserpent04

• Ensign
New To Modding, Need Some Help.
« on: October 28, 2010, 10:05:34 pm »
The game is Starfleet Command 3
I’ve been trying and failing on modifying shuttles. I want to change how many a ship can carry and add things to them. Like either shields or armor and add either another particle weapon or a torpedo to them. I want to do this and still have them deployed like they are now. One more thing, when playing in normal conquest mode after either you get so many prestige points or you conquer so many hex’s it ends/you win. How do I make go longer, basically forever until every hex is mine. I’m sorry to be such a pain but I don’t know who else to turn to other than this site and its members.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and for helping me,
1St Lt. Andrew Gaston, US Army

intermech

Re: New To Modding, Need Some Help.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 03:19:14 pm »
You will find most of what you need for the shuttles in the following file:

SFC3\Assets\Specs\DefaultLoadOut.txt

It is easiest to mess with this if you open it in Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet program, but it can also be opened with word pad.

To attempt to add items to the shuttles, it would be best to copy commands from other ships and paste them into the shuttle lines, however, keep in mind there are possible balance issues, i.e. ship mass and capacity. These balance issues can be resolved by altering the following file:

SFC3\Assets\Specs\DefaultCore.txt

This is also best edited with a spreadsheet program. In this file you can change how many shuttles a vessel can hold.

I recommend perusing these guides for particulars on what each value means:

http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/files/Starfleet_Command_III/Utilities/Tutorials;1746

Finally, to edit conquest mode, seek out this directory:

SFC3\MetaAssets\ServerProfiles\SinglePlayer

The "*.gf" files are text files and can be opened with notepad. What you are looking for may be in MetaMap.gf.

It has been years since I have messed with these files, so I don't want to tell you wrong. Someone else may be able to help you with the next step.