Topic: =/\= last shuttle mission delayed yet again by weather...  (Read 1477 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
=/\= last shuttle mission delayed yet again by weather...
« on: November 03, 2010, 03:14:35 pm »
http://www.wftv.com/news/25618537/detail.html

seems that if the mission cannot be started at the next scheduled time, the mission could be delayed until december. to me, one of the most constant memories of shuttle missions were constant delays. just sayin' ;)
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Re: =/\= last shuttle mission delayed yet again by weather...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 04:30:43 pm »
Well, NASA has unfortunately had a few lessons on how many variables can end the lives of 7 people.

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 04:58:52 pm »
too many imho. i am not necessarily saying it is a bad thing, just that there were a lot of delays. i think the families of the astronauts probably appreciate the delays much more than the common american. :)
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline The Postman

• 1st Sgt, Bugler, Commander, L. A. Tifft Camp 15, SUVCW
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 05:32:28 pm »
DISCOVERY POSTPONED: Bad weather in Florida has delayed the launch of space shuttle Discovery one more day. Liftoff is now scheduled for Friday, Nov. 5th, at 3:03 pm EDT. Check the launch blog for updates.

Link: ht

Offline The Postman

• 1st Sgt, Bugler, Commander, L. A. Tifft Camp 15, SUVCW
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 03:48:10 pm »
LAUNCH POSTPONED: Space shuttle managers have scrubbed Discovery’s launch attempt for today due to a hydrogen leak at the Ground Umbilical Carrier Plate. The next launch attempt would be no earlier than Monday. Check the launch blog for updates.

Link: ht