Topic: =/\= massive gamma ray "bubbles" in the milky way and new spaceship factory!  (Read 3639 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
two huge gamma ray "bubbles' 25,000 light years across have been discovered in the milky way galaxy. a really interesting discovery with potentially intriguing possibilities. a great article about it can be read here: http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/3855/massive-gamma-ray-bubbles-discovered-milky-way

a new factory is set to beging building tuesday. what sets this factory apart from many others is their product, commercial spaceships!!!! The Spaceship Co or TSC, a joint venture involving virgin galactic fame richard branson will pump out commercial shaceships for the new market. i will be putting in my order for a firefly shortly after they open! ;)
article here: http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/367568/us_spaceship_factory_set_begin/
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
I never got into Firefly, I don't have cable and haven't for a long time. Now I wouldn't mind having the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.  ;)
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline stoneyface

• Lt. Commander

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
I never got into Firefly, I don't have cable and haven't for a long time. Now I wouldn't mind having the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.  ;)

It ran on Fox.

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander

It ran on Fox.

It must have been before we had a Fox channel here. That or the hours i worked until July of 2009 interfered with evening television watching. Even after we had a dedicated Fox channel here since it was a relatively low power UHF channel trying to record shows was complete hit and miss. I wish it was on now I wouldn't mind checking it out.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
LOL, when I saw the subject "spaceship factory" I assumed it was a modeler's site!

Firefly is definitely worth the effort - I avoided it during it's run because of the whole "space cowboy" vibe, but it works really well.

One of the better "actual scifi" scifi shows of recent years

Offline stoneyface

• Lt. Commander
one of the BEST sci-fi shows in a very long time! firefly and battlestar galactica really helped put sci-fi back on the map

Offline ShadowDiver

• Lt. Junior Grade
I just might order a F-302 or two.. :smitten:

and right now the Sci-Fi channel sux big TIME!

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
There is only one possible ship type to buy.

A K-D7L

You can use it to explore, to fight or to trade.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline stoneyface

• Lt. Commander
btw i mean sci-fi the genre in general and not sci-fi the channel. i would agree that sci-fi the channel is sucking big time these day. also, i will NEVER ever refer to sci-fi channel as syfy. EVER!!! i hate the new moniker and think it makes us all look retarded

Offline painless

• Ensign
Re: =/\= massive gamma ray "bubbles" in the milky way and new spaceship factory!
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 04:47:25 am »
Amazing! At first i thought it won't happen anymore but fortunately as reported Commercial spaceship factory completed in Mojave desert and by the end of September the factory is planned to be ready to go, making a number of commercial spaceships. At least now it's more feasible in my lifetime.. For sure people would love to experience being in that spaceship..