Topic: =/\= Congratulations Voyager 1!!! also chernobyl tourists?!  (Read 1565 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
=/\= Congratulations Voyager 1!!! also chernobyl tourists?!
« on: December 14, 2010, 03:11:54 pm »
well congrats to nasa and the scientists behind the voyager 1 mission. it is official, voyager 1 can no longer detect solar wind. 10.8BILLION miles away! staggering.  in about 4 more years, it will cross the heliosphere! awesome!!!

article: http://www.universetoday.com/81662/voyager-1-has-outdistanced-the-solar-wind/

next up from the bizarre/retarded/dangerous files...

in 2011, the ukraine is going to open up the chernobyl area to limited tourism! hard to believe that; a: they think they can do this safely and b: people would want to go there (other than the odd radiation/nuclear scientists). just strange.
read the article for full details: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/13/AR2010121301351.html
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: =/\= Congratulations Voyager 1!!! also chernobyl tourists?!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 04:03:55 pm »
I'd be up for a Chernobyl tour. I'd like to tour Point Lepreau as well by comparison. Having worked at a low power reactor facility (currently being decommissioned), I'd be interested to see. But then, you already know I'm strange...  ;D

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 07:25:07 pm »
I'm fairly sure the radiation wouldn't kill me.  It would just make me turn green and ruin my shirt whenever I got mad.

KNIGHTSTORM SMASH!!!

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 12:32:09 pm »
"who wouldn't want an extra arm? now i can hold down both my sisters..." - anonymous comedian
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-