Topic: Firewall message  (Read 2441 times)

Offline LordSaxon

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Honor before Fear.....
Firewall message
« on: February 08, 2011, 04:50:53 pm »
Well Ive tried everything cant get past it. Running windows XP, Windows+router firewalls both down, no anti-virus, set the port except the 2300-2400 doesnt work because it wont let me use the dash to set a field.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Firewall message
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 04:51:18 pm »
What kind of router are you using?

I've had better luck just adding my PC's IP address to the Router's DMZ (if that is gibberish to you I can explain it in greater detail >.<)
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 05:08:26 pm »
Might also try putting your computer in DMZ mode from the router, that's what I had to do to get past the firewall message ;)
But, if you do that, you don't want to mess with the port setting, you do one or the other, not both.
On some routers you have to put all the computers in DMZ mode, some kinds you can select an individual computer, mine did, I have a Verizon FIOS router.
Also if you're trying to do it wirelessly, you may not be able to, might need to be hardwired.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline LordSaxon

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Honor before Fear.....
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 07:40:19 pm »
DMZ mode worked; luckily Im on a hardline, wife is wireless, but it let me set it for one PC (belkin router)
Thanks!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 07:54:12 pm »
Flying on dynaverse?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline LordSaxon

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Honor before Fear.....
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 09:47:29 pm »
Yeah I logged into the Forge, played about 6 missions + flipped a blue hex to red; just like old times :)

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 11:07:55 pm »
Sweet!