Topic: Fighter weapons on ships  (Read 3871 times)

Offline KenMacMillan

• Ensign
Fighter weapons on ships
« on: June 06, 2012, 07:54:28 pm »
I'm trying to build an NX-01 in OP & I want to add fighter style photons to stand in as photonic torps but the ui turns the weapon grey & the window underneath that blacks out. You can still fire it & you can watch it charge if you click on your weapons officer. Still, it would be nice if it worked properly. Is there a way to edit the PhoF or DisF into a standard weapons list somewhere, strings.txt maybe?

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Fighter weapons on ships
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 09:11:23 pm »
I'm fairly sure that's hardcoded. I don't believe those weapons will even work on starships. You can put ship weapons on fighters but not the latter as I recall.
Fleet Vice Admiral 762
Director of Strategy and Tactics -Xenocorp
Quality Assurance Lead - SFC Community Edition (Beta)
--------------------------------

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 04:39:16 pm »
I've thought about trying that myself at various times. When you fire them, do they do the same damage as on fighters (4 pts.)?

You could always give a NX01 just one std photorp and say it's actually a pair of photonic torps.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:34:34 pm »
drat, that's too bad about the one-time firing.

On the flip side of this question, has anyone had any luck putting standard heavy weapons onto fighters? I know in Rod O'Neals's FtrPF mod there are plasma-F armed fighters, but the rest are all the usual fighter weapons.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 01:29:38 pm »
I'm going to play around too - I know you can make Plasma-F fighters (O'Neal did) but the ones imade last nite never fired the plasmas.

I did successfully add a Drone-C rack to a fighter, so that it fired normal drones.