Topic: Into darkness discussion (something i noticed) WARNING SPOILERS  (Read 1579 times)

Offline maelstorm

• Lt. Junior Grade
Ok seems this forum does not recognize [spoiler] [/spoiler] to hide text from people who usually blunder and read blindly so in the title of this thread i warned and i again warn here.

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS GET OUT OF IT NOW AND STOP READING.  I AM GOING TO PUT ALOT OF SPACE DOWN FROM HERE SO YOU DON'T ACCIDENTALLY READ ANYTHING. 

Ok now that we have that out of the way.

i've watched the movie and i've noticed some seeds if you will for future movies.

1.  This movie while has alot of the aspects from Wrath of khan is more of a re-telling of the episode Space Seed.  I fully belive that later on khan will be re-awakened for his own real movie.
2. Nurse chappel is mentioned breifly being in the frontier as a nurse and being much happier (i expect to see her in the next movie as the enterprise should be passing by on it's now 5 year mission.
3.  I fully belive next episode will deal with a sort of re-inventing of search for spock much like into darkness has re-invented space seed and wrath of khan.
Let me explain further before you discount this.
                           A. BUT PIKE DIED!!
                                Yes Pike has died. (so did spock in wrath of khan)
                           B. How are they going to bring him back to life ??
                                Use the same syrum that they used on kirk. duuh.
                           C. But they managed to save kirk's brain with cryosleep tube they lost what was left of pike when he died because that din't happen for him. and there is no planet with a genesis wave on it to regenerate him even if you wanted him to be a vegetable.
                                True. However, We have a way to regenerate / heal his body .. the syrum but his brain?  Remeber spoke mindmelded with Pike.  Wasn't it tradition to save the conciousness of a vulcan via mindmeld before death?
                                This could end up being how his mind is saved and put back into pike's body.  I honestly have a feeling spoke did this out of his feeling debt to kirk knowing that kirk and pike's relationship is important to them.
                                So as part of the episode will probably be spock stealing pike's body and fleeing to try get to vulcan much like spock "kidnapped" pike in The menagerie. and will wrap up with explanation of what he was trying to do being similar to what kirk did for spock in search for spock.
                                As for antagonists that is fully open and pure guess work but i am going to go out on a limb and guess klingons will be pissed off about the recent happenings in into darkness and would get in the way.
4.  Afer a few movies marcus will leave for a break ( maybe after 3rd each movie being a year of their 5 year mission? ) to persue more peacefull creative persuits in science (read genesis device) taking her away from kirk for say oh 20ish years (this is going to be a few moives as the ongoing story is pushed forward just long enough for her to have kirk's son if JJ wants to follow some of the old content).  This gives enough time for Marcus to get preggers but not realize it till after she leaves kirk and the enterprise. i'm only guessing at this because there now seems to be some kind of "interest" between the two characters at the moment and could be groundwork somewhat following WOK.
5. oh god please no save the whales movie please ok?  but i do expect alot of the material in the old seires to end up being stolen and brought into the new movies.  (i'm thinking Robin Williams to play Mudd?? well we can only hope.)