Topic: Ship Edit Query???....AGAIN (Different one this time thi)  (Read 1392 times)

DestinyCalling

Ship Edit Query???....AGAIN (Different one this time thi)
« on: March 14, 2003, 06:43:48 pm »
Another day, another Shipedit query................. SFC2, by the way....

In looking through my ownloaded fleet, i find that quite a few already come with EXP files for shipedit.....

YAY, Problem solved.............. Life's not that easy....Problem made MORE complicated....

You see the trouble now is, is that all the ships that have EXP files with them are about twice as powerful as they where before.... eg.. Connie as in shiplist.txt = BPV 120-160..... Downloaded connie = BPV 300+.... AT LEAST....

Any reason for this this huge difference/disparity?? You see, you cant just dump them in the game and expect the game to stay balanced and whilst we're on the subject... Does anyone know if the is a site that has a stack of EXP files to download... for existing types and some of the "X-Technology" stuff..... I guess that makes me lazy!!!

Or am I expecting too much....?????  

Qob'nuH

Re: Ship Edit Query???....AGAIN (Different one this time thi)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 09:01:33 pm »
Best way to stay balanced is to copy a current ship (i.e. F- CA copy ship and name F-CAII or whatever)  and change the geometry to point to your new model. Much faster than adding from scratch. EXP's with models are almost always souped-up. What modeler would want his shiny new model blown to bits by a stock one?  

DestinyCalling

Re: Ship Edit Query???....AGAIN (Different one this time thi)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 06:55:12 am »
Yeah, I'd kinda come to that conclusion..... But, you're right, it'll be the best way to proceed....

Nice one!!!!