Topic: Starfleet Command - Definitive Multiplayer  (Read 3081 times)

Offline QuantaCat

• Lt. Junior Grade
Starfleet Command - Definitive Multiplayer
« on: February 24, 2014, 04:10:33 am »
Hey,

I wanted to make a place where people like me can find info on how to run their old love again at an acceptable level, since from all my looking around on the googles, I keep finding dead ends and bug reports and no clear answer to the questions:

1) How the hell do I run SFC2 on modern systems, without it crapping out?
2) How well does Multiplayer work?
3) is it possible to run Dynaverse on a dedicated server, for persistent games goodness?
4) where can I obtain a proper copy, since Ive horribly lost my CD.

If there is a guide that explains all of this already, please direct me to it, it wasnt apparent in my google or forum searches, if not, let this be the retainer where everyone gets their questions answered, because Im sick and tired of the shallow combat in Star Trek Online.

Many many thanks.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
Re: Starfleet Command - Definitive Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 10:41:57 am »
DIY bro, most of the answers to those questions are in these forums

Offline QuantaCat

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:17:05 am »
No, "Bro", it really isnt. For example dont I know if the Community Edition works at all. Nor do I know if the dynaverse software comes with it, or if its just server software. Secondly, if multiplayer on win7 is working (and stable).

So no, not really.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 01:06:49 pm »
Sorry, it's a Monday, and a rotten one at that, but, since you started off with some really basics and you've only posted here, what, twice now, excuse my personal impatience. Since CE is still a work in progress, so's some

4) you can buy CE in the store, as well as EAW & OP http://www.dynaverse.net/market/5-games
3)  http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163392835.0.html
2) try it and find out. Works for me and my friends every weekend
1) there are some complications but, yes http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163393712.0.html

Again, since it's still Monday, try a little research, dude ::)

Offline QuantaCat

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 01:44:38 am »
Thanks for the info! It wasnt so much a matter of research, a lot of the stuff I did find said it had gamebreaking bugs, wasnt sure if it was the proper thing and so on. Just like with some games that start out buggy, I wanted to know if at this point in time, the game is playable and enjoyable as it should be.

Also, to be fair, the dynaverse sales site looks like a horrible phishing trick.

Offline QuantaCat

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 04:21:03 am »
Still missing one thing:

Dynaverse server kit software. Oh and I cant seem to enter dynaverse at all, in the CE edition.