Taldrenites > Starfleet Command 4

Ruleset and other game play Specifics

(1/69) > >>

[UFP]Exeter:
This thread is a discussion of specifics in SFC 4.  If you are not up to date please review this thread
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163393922.0.html

[UFP]Exeter:
SFC4, will be an extension and upgrade to SFC2

We do not have permission for the rul eset, so I will be using a modified one for Imperium.

The tactical game is for combat

The strategic will be the galaxy map, resources etc.

Corbomite:
What we have so far:

1) We want some sort of semi-seamless transition from tactical to strategic levels based on range and warping off, with an alert to other units in the area that the warp is getting ready to occur.

2) No warp combat (for now, mainly because we can't really figure out how to do it).

3) We want several levels of information gathering and dispersal (approx 4, from tactical to galactic) to simulate a real galactic power doing its thing.

4) We are leaning towards a 2D+ approach unless we see some sort of real 3D that wows our pants off.

5) The way we wish to navigate from tactical displays to strategic displays is important and is under current discussion.

Did I miss anything?

Corbomite:

--- Quote from: [UFP]Exeter on June 25, 2014, 02:01:17 pm ---SFC4, will be an extension and upgrade to SFC2

We do not have permission for the rul eset, so I will be using a modified one for Imperium.

The tactical game is for combat

The strategic will be the galaxy map, resources etc.

--- End quote ---

So if I am understanding this correctly, you will be using as much of SFC2 as you can while replacing the 3D engine, the SFB IP and the broken D2 junk. What about the missions and back story?

Captain Adam:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version