Topic: What Mudd Is Working On Now  (Read 1854 times)

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
What Mudd Is Working On Now
« on: June 08, 2015, 09:51:02 am »
I guess this is the appropriate sub-forum for this kind of thing ...

Having read some old posts from Panzergranite, I have become reinspired to submit to the Modelling/Modding Bug and being that the forums are a lot slower than those of yesteryear, I figured I'd throw up a few pics to see if there's any interest left in the old games.

I searched for small vessels already designed for Trek fandom and I found more than I expected. This is a quick screenie of the Hotspur Class Corvette, as depicted HERE. All I need to do yet is Mapping and Texturing ...

Up next is the Insurgent Class Corvette, as depicted HERE.

The Starrunner Class Clipper is much closer to an actual release, as most of the Texturing is done. I plan on releasing both SFC and SFC2 EAW/OP versions in honor of SFC being rereleased by way of GOG. The Starrunner is depicted HERE.

This is just something I am doing to break up the work a little. I love Ghost's Fleetdock models, but some of the texturing could use a little love. I plan on retexturing a basic Fed fleet with the same consistancy just for fun, but if Ghost is okay with it, I may release them too. We'll see.

Anyways that's all on my plate for now. Yes Dynaverse, Mudd is back once again, building ships nobody wants and nobody asked for ... I hope to at least keep folks entertained if not interested ... LOL

Mudd.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: What Mudd Is Working On Now
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 10:17:22 am »
How about a Kziniti Corvette?

Mudd.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 08:35:37 am »
From The Starfleet Museum  ...

Also, the Hotspur and Insurgent Class Corvettes are texture mapped.

Mudd.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 12:51:11 pm »
This was a little bit more challenging than it appears to be in Gmax, as there is no chamfered boxes in the program by default.

Mudd.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 08:58:16 am »
Okay ... I think I have enough Models built to keep me going for a little while ... what can I say, modellers make models.

This is SFB's Armored Personel Transport. There could definately be uses for such a vessel, don'tcha think?

Mudd.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:40:46 pm by I, Mudd. »

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 06:28:02 pm »
I really like all these designs. In regards to the APT, I do think there would be a lot of these flying around, both official ones and freelancers, some sketchier than others. The design itself is classic SFB - clunky and boxy without much flare. I mean that in the best way - you captured the look of what appears in SFB products, both print and miniatures. Can't wait to see it flying!

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 10:39:12 am »
Both the Free Trader and the APT were based on photos of the SFB miniatures, so yeah, I guess they would evoke the look and feel of ADB designs ... lol.

I have a special plan in mind for the APT ... alternate textures for various factions (I'm thinking Fed, Orion, Gorn and Kzinti ... Basically Alliance races or in the Orion's case access to Alliance technology. Empire races should have their own model, I think.) and room for modders to edit their paint jobs. I guess I'll end up doing that for Orions as well, which is a large part of the fun for me - All the possibilities for customizing the look of your Pirates.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 06:53:25 am »
It's soon gonna be time to fight Pirate Cartels or Klingon Gunboats with this Class 412 System Defense Boat, as depicted HERE.

Mudd.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 09:42:46 am »
Hello I Mudd  I'm wondering if  This Would peak your interest in creating some SFC Models for the project I'm working on

Here are links showing what i've managed to do so far and am working on.

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163394196.0.html

http://treknographics101.prophpbb.com/topic84.html
Live Long and Prosper Technically
Bernard Guignard
Project Manager TreknoGraphx
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treknographx_starship_design/?yguid=89237652

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 10:09:35 am »
Sure Bernard ... no problem. I'll put it in my rotation ... which is getting larger by the day ... lol. In case nobody noticed, I got a lot more free time these days.