Topic: Klingon D-7 build  (Read 3276 times)

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Klingon D-7 build
« on: January 04, 2016, 04:38:04 pm »
I am just about finished with my 1990's AMT d-7.  It represents a big step for me in that I didn't just slap it together out of the box.  This is my first lit ship and first that I filled and sanded seams. There were a lot of bad seams. The sanding and filling could have been better, but limited time and impatience saw me settle for less than I would have liked to.
I bread boarded a lighting system with 2 navigation lights, a trim pot to fade up a torpedo, (yes I know it should be a dish but re-mastered ret-conned it anyway) and lighting for the bulb with fiber optics sticking through the windows. After painting the fibers get trimmed flush to the hull.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
Re: Klingon D-7 build
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 04:47:52 pm »
Nicely done  ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 05:22:23 pm »
 ;D Always great to see a non-Federation ship, especially a KLINGON one!
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 06:59:24 pm »
Thanks guys. Hoping to get the Revell d-7 built this summer. It's made for lighting. I have the inside painted already for lighting. Got a resin FASA based d-18 for Christmas in 1/1000 scale so eventually there will be more in my Klingon Fleet. It has some lighting potential.

Here is my breadboard wiring. 555 timer for navigational strobes. About 3/4 second on then off. Trim pot for torpedo. I tried a capacitor for fading up, but I wanted to have control of how fast it faded and be able to have it fade down as well.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel