Poll

What would you like to see Fallen_Warrior do?

Just release whats possible using temp drop boxes/email for sharing on request?
8 (27.6%)
Make a deal with Dynaverse to be able to host everything that doesnt have limted permissions?
10 (34.5%)
Reform OutaLance and try to get a SFC repository site and Omega up and running?
7 (24.1%)
Stay retired?
0 (0%)
Learn what to do and finish Omega single handedly in about a decade?
2 (6.9%)
Don't know?
2 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Topic: I'm thinking of returning, Maybe rebuild OutaLance and getting a SFC site (Poll)  (Read 4615 times)

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:06:28 pm by Fallen_Warrior »
All that remains are ashes caused by neglect and self loathing

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
I understand what you wrote.
In my case, i would feel honored if you could help the guys that are making a model/space/planets pack atm.
In the end, i guess that what the people that are skilled in these things can do, is to produce a high quality pack for someone that will come here, download and install it easily.
I would not know what to do with 10000 ships, 900 planets or 2000 backgrounds in my hands.
Why not gather the best of it, and produce something beautiful, that is possible to make in a short time, in our busy lifes?
Take SFC4 for example. It was announced more than 8 years ago, and is in alpha stage for years.
Hex editing the games toke a year, the Q3_Editor toke 2 weeks, and the HD patch toke 4 days to make.
I don't want to get old without see things came true! ;D
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
Looking forward to you coming back even in a limited capacity  :)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
 ;D

SERIOUSLY? You have to ask?

You need to come back in whatever capacity you can. SFC is on the verge of a renewal and whatever you can resurrect lost mods/models or anything at all will be extremely welcome.

This is GREAT news overall.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
Yeah, now that you can build the UIs as well as the models for each ship the game can look and feel like it was supposed to.

Offline Ervinc

• Lt. Junior Grade
Yes this is the greats news I've heard in a long time you guys are the greatest

Offline Kid Carrson

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Focus on making SFC OP work great on windows 10 using what's being developed / fixed / edited now and adding in as much of your great stuff as possible.

It's exciting times again!

It's my hope to have a modded version of SFC OP work on Windows 10 computers networked in a LAN party this year!  Oh exciting times!

Anything to make that happen is my request.

Thanks

KC 

Offline Darkdrone

• Drone
  • Lt.
  • Unimatrix One
    • Unimatrix One
best way to do it is come back the way you feel and the time you got for it
its about the love of the game at the end of the day if you enjoy doing it and like sharing what you do it can be very rewarding
for everyone all round

most of my time these days is spent building my mod for starpoint gemini a full star-trek mod I want for myself
and playing way to much world of Warcraft
but I said to myself the guys and girls over at Dynaverse.net will enjoy some new stuff as well it only take me abit more
time to make Sfc versions for everyone to enjoy

the forums the last few months have gotten a lot busyer with a lot more peope coming back :)
to Sfc

Dropbox is very handy for files to share if you don't want to pay for a website to host all your files

its nice to see you back on the foums

Darkdrone

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
In my case, i would feel honored if you could help the guys that are making a model/space/planets pack atm.
I would not know what to do with 10000 ships, 900 planets or 2000 backgrounds in my hands.
Why not gather the best of it, and produce something beautiful, that is possible to make in a short time, in our busy lifes?

Agreed. I'd download an enhanced Planet/Space model pack. I don't really want gigabytes of new ship models. Updates to the default models would be good, but I can always cherry pick.

Remember that the model.siz file needs to be updated for multiplayer, so that the range from my ship to your ship is identical from both perspectives. If we use different ship models, the range can vary significantly unless model.siz is present and up-to-date. That is the job of model.siz, to ensure fairness.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
Thats one interesting TOS GAL, I would love to see that finished and textured.

The original TOS Galaxy BB model was ported to SFC3 in one of the mods for it.

Somewhere out there, is a TMP version with TMP era style nacelles.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
That TOS Galaxy Class - Phalanx looks a helluva lot like Lord Schtupp's TOS Galaxy Class.

:)

It's similar, but not exact ...

Offline wulf111

• Member of OutaLance Shipyards
  • Lt.
  • OutaLance, Where Dreams Become a Reality
welcome back Miles, i haven't done much with SFC in a very long time (i think i lost my disk when i moved 5 years ago). but i might be able to help out some here and there not sure what i could do but i will put my rusty skills on the table. i should be able to squeeze and hour here and there.

i am still working with card stock models so if you want some limited edition models of in game ships I'm your go to guy.

PS.. congrats on the little one.  :woot:

Chuck Norris floats like a butterfly and stings like a tomahawk missile. At mach 3. In the face.

Offline wulf111

• Member of OutaLance Shipyards
  • Lt.
  • OutaLance, Where Dreams Become a Reality
i would say either pidgin or trillian astra would be the best bets for our needs. both can cross talk with AIM, MSN Messanger, ICQ, ECT...

http://www.pidgin.im/
http://www.trillian.im/

Chuck Norris floats like a butterfly and stings like a tomahawk missile. At mach 3. In the face.

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
Some people are still using Vent.  Someone at the other place has one set up for World of Warships.  Seems to work well, I used to use it for Guild Wars a long time ago.