Topic: Star Trek: Horizon - Full Length film has been released!  (Read 5043 times)

Offline EschelonOfJudgemnt

• Lt. Junior Grade
Star Trek: Horizon - Full Length film has been released!
« on: February 26, 2016, 08:17:21 pm »
Saw the interview with the man behind Star Trek: Horizon, Tommy Kraft, on the Axanar blog

Star Trek: Horizon is set in the Star Trek: Enterprise era, aboard the NX-04 Discovery, focusing on the First Romulan War.  I haven't watched this yet, but wanted to share this for those interested.  Here is the link to Horizon's page.
http://www.startrekhorizon.com/

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Star Trek: Horizon - Full Length film has been released!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 09:49:06 am »
This is on the to watch list for this weekend. Hope it's good.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 10:09:45 am »
While I'd like to encourage fan productions, I didn't like this one.  It just tapped into my 2 pet peeves:

1.) Temperal Cold War --- This killed ST Enterprise
2.) They give a nod to JJ Abrams' destruction of Romulus.

Of my pet peeves, #2 is unforgivable.  I would bite my tongue and never say a bad word about this movie, but once you give Abrams a nod, you are a disgrace to Star Trek.

Other than that, he acting and the casting weren't too bad.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 01:27:29 pm »
I would bite my tongue and never say a bad word about this movie, but once you give Abrams a nod, you are a disgrace to Star Trek.

Other than that, he acting and the casting weren't too bad.

Why wouldn't the Romulan Empire be destroyed?  Remember, that supernova threatened the entire galaxy. ;)

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 02:39:46 pm »

Why wouldn't the Romulan Empire be destroyed?  Remember, that supernova threatened the entire galaxy. ;)

It all depends on how Spock's supply of red matter holds out.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• SFC4 Dev
  • Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 05:06:19 pm »
just watched, not bad

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 07:35:23 pm »
Saw the first 30 minutes and a few things stuck out.  I like how they kept the NX class convention of naming each ship after a space shuttle.  The Romulan cloak in Enterprise was presumably an early prototype that wasn't used again.  This is evident by the fact that it was never seen again, the Romulans were experimenting with other types of concealment technologies such as the holoship, and noone recognizing it in Balance of Terror.  As for the Temporal Cold War, didn't they end it in the first episode of season 4?

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 09:48:37 pm »
I enjoyed it quite a bit myself.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War