Taldrenites > Starfleet Command Mods

Updating SFC3

(1/3) > >>

Fallen_Warrior:

d4v1ks:
I have no idea.

JanB:
What do you mean by "fixing the shuttles"? I've done hex-editing work that gave all races a unique shuttle (instead of some of them defaulting to the Federation shuttle), the result is included in the 3.1 patch of my SFC3 Upgrade Mod, is that what you mean?

yochenhsieh:

--- Quote from: Fallen_Warrior on March 17, 2016, 12:36:16 am ---We get an installer made to hold everything and make it as "idiot" proof as possible.

This way the community has a single file to download to get everything HD ready instead of having to hunt through and kitbash various mods and upgrade packs together hoping they don't break anything in the process.

Making a new "official" patch also gives the added benefit of giving a standard platform for multiplayer. As it would standardize exactly what is needed for SFC3HD

--- End quote ---
I'm not sure mix the patch with mods and call it "official" patch is a good idea.

OP has a enhancement package, is that what you mean for SFC3? Even though, the package has separate options for installing patch and other enhanced materials. When user have a problem, install game and only patch 534B is the best way to ensure clean install. Some people are confused with 534C because it calls itself a patch but in fact it's a mod.

I recommend providing user with options, instead of install everything together.

TarMinyatur:
Let's imagine a player (who hasn't played in 5+ years) visits Dynaverse.net?

He sees one promoted, large download for SFC3 that includes HD resolution, enhanced textures, additional models, a combat customizer, a gamespy work-around, etc.

He also sees several small downloads for this or that enhancement, not knowing if any of them conflict with others.

I believe he will choose the promoted option rather than cherry pick from various sources.

Names are important. Call it SFC3: Unified Enhancement Patch or something similar.

Who puts the unified patch together? Who maintains it? I don't know. Probably someone who is passionate about the game. And it would be helpful if Dynaverse.net hosted the files, with mirrors elsewhere in case the download speeds are slow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version